2 replies to this topic

#1 Avon

Avon

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:23 PM

I've heard of this but I experienced it myself last week. In 6th at motorway speed, a bit more throttle and just for a second it was like hitting a rev limiter before continuing as normal.

I usually use BP normal 95 unleaded but refuse to use the expensive stuff, I rarely use supermarket petrol mainly due to the enormous queues caused by drivers trying to save a couple of pence per litre, so I'm sure it's not because of poor fuel.

The car is due a service in a couple of weeks and they did say it was due two updates but I didn't think to ask what they were for. I will let you know the outcome.

Edited by Avon, 08 August 2018 - 03:24 PM.

2016 C4 Picasso Flair 1.2 Puretech

#2 Avon

Avon

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:08 PM

Well it was serviced and updated, I have no idea what the updates were for but as the hesitation never re-occoured I forgot to ask.

Looking at the touch screen info I see the main software is new but the sat-nav software is still the original 2016.

The 'My Citroen' website has advised me a new maps software is available so I've downloaded it to my computer, an hour and a half it took! Reading the installation notes it says loading it to the car takes one hour during which time the engine must be running (stop start disabled) but not driven. I'n now wondering weather I should update it or not, knowing my luck the whole system will crash leaving me with nothing. Has anyone else carried this out successfully?

If it takes that long, no wonder the dealer won't do it. I know it's a big file but I update my TomTom for the wifes car and it doesn't take long at all.

2016 C4 Picasso Flair 1.2 Puretech

#3 gittos

gittos

1.6 Blue HDi EAT6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:36 PM

I updated mine a few weeks ago, just after I got the car. My car is a Feb 2018, it was 4 months old and had 800 miles when i got it. If i remeber correctly the firmware took about 25 mins and rthe map software about 45 mins.

• Avon likes this
  • Was - 2002 1.6 Petrol Picasso SX     Then -2009 C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 VTI Petrol   Then- 2015 C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue HDi EAT6 Exclusive   Now..2018 C4 Picasso 1.2 PureTech Feel EAT6