#1 mf1999

mf1999

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:03 PM

hi all,

so i just had my cambelt and water pump changed (after being 3 years overdue!!!) and all seems well with the car it drives the same however upon investigating under the bonnet i noticed they forgot to reattach the undertray which was knackered and cracked anyway and kept falling down but will it be okay if i just leave it without one? i'm quite concerned about water getting into my 7 month old alternator and ruining it however i do know the petrols do not have one.

leave it as is or replace undertray?

thanks in advance

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,499 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:58 PM

My MK1 Xsara. Picasso decided to throw its undertray out of the pram at 70 mph. Needless to say it was a total write off. I didn't replace it and never had a problem. I think the tray is more for noise reduction than rain water ingress protection. Ah yes mine was a 2 litre HDI.

Edited by stimulator, 25 July 2018 - 04:59 PM.

17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 ChrisGibbard

ChrisGibbard

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:09 AM

Totally agree. Been running mine without one for 5 years.

#4 mf1999

mf1999

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:16 PM

thanks for the reply,

i have notice the engine seems to sound a lot different since the belt change (as in no weird griding at idle) but i know it will also sound a bit louder without the tray because it was a sound proofer but i'm very glad i got done and honestly the undertray kept falling off anyway.