4 replies to this topic

#1 james_

james_

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:56 PM

On my Picasso desire2 1.6 2005 model . Had a sill replaced on the drivers side so had to disconnect the battery. After reconnecting the battery the wipers no longer go to the full sweep they did before, missing about 1 1/2 inch from where it used to go to. Checked the resting point marks on the screen and they don't match either. No other electrical problems that i can see. Any suggestions please. Thanks

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,487 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:41 PM

So are the wipers at rest beyond the marks or short of the marks. If beyond and short at the top then the sweep Sector has moved. Strange that it happened when the battery was disconnected. If beyond and shy then tepodton the arms on the spindles. If shy at both ends then don't have an answer
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 james_

james_

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:41 PM

The mark on the screen, one wiper seems about an inch higher than the mark and the other is above the mark by roughly the same. The windscreen wipers now clean about an inch and a half less than they used to on each side. We changed wipers a month ago and i'm certain they are the right ones.

#4 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,487 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 24 June 2018 - 11:24 PM

Not being silly but have you tried them with a soaking wet screen
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#5 james_

james_

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:56 PM

Not silly at all, twas in the rain that i noticed the difference. Kinda got me flummoxed to be honest..