1 reply to this topic

#1 stevenlee

stevenlee

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:45 AM

just bought a 2007 citroen xsara Picasso and could hear blowing noise from exhaust and it had o2 sensor fault code. so as the noise was coming from below I thought it had hole and this was registering the sensor. when I had it at home and got it up on ramps I could feel no blowing but could here it in the centre section silencer. I then presumed maybe a baffle inside had broken off. so I replaced centre section with brand now one. when I started engine the noise was still there. I cleared off the fault code and it stayed off. how can noise be coming from centre box when its new ? when you pick up the engine revs the noise disappears its only there when idling ? I wondered if it had anything to do with the engine exhaust valves not sealing maybe. so I removed all the spark plugs and even though they were all new looking each one was wet with oil. I did a compression test on them all and theres not much difference between each cylinder.i put boroscope inside and each piston chamber has a thin lining of wet oil inside. what should the compression be on a 1.6ltr engine ? could this be causing the noise in the exhaust or is this something else ?

#2 stevenlee

stevenlee

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:47 AM

I checked the dipstick and oil cap and there seems to be no sign of water contamination.