12 replies to this topic

#1 Beanyboy

Beanyboy

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:32 PM

Hi I have a 59 plate C4 grand Picasso. I’m getting braking system fault and parking brake fault messages together with stop light and loud beeping. Car is driving and braking normally and there are no other symptoms apart from the lights on the dashboard. I’m concerned about the possibility of this being a wiring loom problem and very expensive indeed to solve. Are there any other likely explanations? Intend to take it into local Ind garage tomorrow and would appreciate advice thanks.

#2 gittos

gittos

1.6 Blue HDi EAT6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

Hi I have a 59 plate C4 grand Picasso. I’m getting braking system fault and parking brake fault messages together with stop light and loud beeping. Car is driving and braking normally and there are no other symptoms apart from the lights on the dashboard. I’m concerned about the possibility of this being a wiring loom problem and very expensive indeed to solve. Are there any other likely explanations? Intend to take it into local Ind garage tomorrow and would appreciate advice thanks.

May be failing battery.

Modern cars are very dependent on the battery being in good condition, if it isn't they can throw all sorts of spurious fault messages.

I had a similar problem when I had that model of C4P, I got the handbrake fault message the anti pollution fault message. I got the battery proerly tested (Drop Test0 and the battery was shown to be failing, battery replaced and all ok.

I'm not saying this is the problem with yours. but it's where I would start, especilly if your battery is more than about 4 years old.

Next step for me would be the fuse box and it's wiring

• Was - 2002 1.6 Petrol Picasso SX     Then -2009 C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 VTI Petrol   Then- 2015 C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue HDi EAT6 Exclusive   Now..2018 C4 Picasso 1.2 PureTech Feel EAT6

#3 Serenityjunkie

Serenityjunkie

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:04 AM

Any joy at getting this fixed?????

#4 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,292 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:37 PM

I.ve just managed to get home after the last half mile in limp mode, showing an ESP fault on dash, Green Flag picking it up tomorrow to go into my local garage about 5 miles away, darent risk driving it at 11 mph max, wonder if theres a link with the slightly bouncing brake pedal Ive been experiencing for the past few months on gentle braking

#5 granpa

granpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,292 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:13 AM

Garage diagnosed alternator packed-up, glad I was sat down when he told me the price

#6 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:32 AM

Garage diagnosed alternator packed-up, glad I was sat down when he told me the price

2nd hand - or change the diode pack ??

These days it's just chuck a new one at it....  

#7 granpa

granpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:14 PM

£260 + vat, not forgetting labour

#8 granpa

granpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:59 PM

Karamba, final bill over £800 with the labour and vat, old, pre-computer cars were a lot cheaper [& easier ] to fix

• gray likes this

#9 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 10:00 PM

Karamba, final bill over £800 with the labour and vat, old, pre-computer cars were a lot cheaper [& easier ] to fix

Holy sh1t ! Just for an alternator.. ?

#10 granpa

granpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 09:16 AM

I'll give you the bill breakdown;

150a alternator                  £166.11

sundries                                   8.00

labour                                     87.50

ECU test                                 45.00

1 injector                               269.65

injector coding                         80.00

sundries                                    8.00

labour                                      70.00

environmental charge               4.00 for disposal of old parts

VAT                                        147.66

Probably do a trade in come springtime, alternator and injector this time,this could be the start of problems , who knows

#11 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,548 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 23 December 2018 - 01:58 PM

Looking at that bill a lot of it just wrapping paper. VAT what a rip, environment charge, it just gets put in the bins and stripped down or reconned somewhere. Two lots of sundries, those are usually wipes and latex gloves rip off, two lots of labour. 

Cost of alternator not bad but a regulator pack is £49.

Enough said Happy Christmas

17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#12 granpa

granpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:08 PM

Same to all of you, I'm looking for my begging bowl then I'm off to do a spot of carol singing before the kids and sally army turn up

#13 granpa

granpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:22 AM

Had to take the car back with diesel knock, garage investigated and says new injector is leaking, awaiting replacement arriving