2 replies to this topic

#1 Beanyboy

Beanyboy

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:32 PM

Hi I have a 59 plate C4 grand Picasso. I’m getting braking system fault and parking brake fault messages together with stop light and loud beeping. Car is driving and braking normally and there are no other symptoms apart from the lights on the dashboard. I’m concerned about the possibility of this being a wiring loom problem and very expensive indeed to solve. Are there any other likely explanations? Intend to take it into local Ind garage tomorrow and would appreciate advice thanks.

#2 gittos

gittos

1.6 Blue HDi EAT6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

Hi I have a 59 plate C4 grand Picasso. I’m getting braking system fault and parking brake fault messages together with stop light and loud beeping. Car is driving and braking normally and there are no other symptoms apart from the lights on the dashboard. I’m concerned about the possibility of this being a wiring loom problem and very expensive indeed to solve. Are there any other likely explanations? Intend to take it into local Ind garage tomorrow and would appreciate advice thanks.

May be failing battery.

Modern cars are very dependent on the battery being in good condition, if it isn't they can throw all sorts of spurious fault messages.

I had a similar problem when I had that model of C4P, I got the handbrake fault message the anti pollution fault message. I got the battery proerly tested (Drop Test0 and the battery was shown to be failing, battery replaced and all ok.

I'm not saying this is the problem with yours. but it's where I would start, especilly if your battery is more than about 4 years old.

Next step for me would be the fuse box and it's wiring

• Was - 2002 1.6 Petrol Picasso SX     Then -2009 C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 VTI Petrol   Then- 2015 C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue HDi EAT6 Exclusive   Now..2018 C4 Picasso 1.2 PureTech Feel EAT6

#3 Serenityjunkie

Serenityjunkie

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:04 AM

Any joy at getting this fixed?????