#1 thegoat

thegoat

Rusty Goat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:12 AM

hi folks

got a squeak when the Pic 2.0 hdi is idling, checked the sound of the alternater, crank, etc with sterthoscope all sound ok

so I guess it must be water pump or tensioner/idle pulleys under the plastic cover

so if i'm doing that i'll change the cambelt as well

did the cambelt & pump/pulleys on this car around 7 yrs ago at about 80,000 miles, now got 134k on the clock

I thought there was a write up here for diy cambelt change on the 2.0 hdi in the forum, I've looked but can't find any

anyone have any info please

I've got the official info on changing the cambelt, but Diyers have that extra info

#2 discv

discv

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:30 AM

That squeaking could be the crank pulley. Only other tip I have- if you decide to change the crank pulley oil seal, bite the bullet and use a genuine part.

Ask me how I know!

C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi 16V FAP/DPFS 110, -Auto (DV6 - 80kW) (C4) (DT) (2008)

#3 thegoat

thegoat

Rusty Goat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:00 AM

had the sterthoscope on the crank pulley no sound there

tried all the pulleys you can get to without having cambelt covers off, so think it must be water pump or tensioner or idle pulley that's making a noise

as I say i'm sure there was a thread on here that covered cambelt change on 2.0hdi, and think I would have added my 5 pence worth after I changed my cambelt

i'm sure I made a frame that pushed on the sump/block lip when I was lifting the sump ( with trolley jack) to remove engine mounting bolts