#1 itsbrasso

itsbrasso

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:40 PM

Hi there.

Could anybody please advise me how to access the battery. I know it is underneath the passenger seat. But my book and YouTube videos say that there are two tabs either side on the rear of the seat.

My Picasso is a 2007 model and there are not any there...HELP!!

#2 Ozzie

Ozzie

1.8 HDI SX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:19 PM

on a 2007 it will be 3 allen bolts instead of levers ,  

slide the passenger seat forward you should see 3 bolts marked with paint on the lower frame, usually blue

if it's still there , a key is supplied in the lid of one of the floor storage areas 

• thehytheman likes this

#3 rawthey

rawthey

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:41 AM

Yes, it's 3 bolts, but Torx, not Allen heads.

Turning them is a long slow job if you use the L-shaped key from the lid of the floor cubby hole because you only have clearance to turn it part of a turn at a time. If you have an electric screwdriver and a T40 driver bit then it's much quicker.

I've attached a copy of the relevant page from the handbook.

If I remember correctly two of the bolts go into threaded holes and one goes into a separate nut.

Attached Files

Edited by rawthey, 16 April 2018 - 09:49 AM.

• gray, thehytheman and crpt2008 like this
Mike
Xsara Picasso (58) 1.6i 16V Desire, Iron Grey

#4 Telscombe Guy

Telscombe Guy

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:28 PM

Just been through this hell myself. Yes, pull chair forward and take screws out completely; pull chair right back and lift. You then need a spanner to undo the restraining arm of the battery. I was lucky enough to get to a Black Rock Tyres in Brighton and after an hour of head scratching we managed it! Now the flaming airbag light won't go out!?

#5 gittos

gittos

1.6 Blue HDi EAT6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:34 PM

Check the wiring under the seat

• Was - 2002 1.6 Petrol Picasso SX     Then -2009 C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 VTI Petrol   Then- 2015 C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue HDi EAT6 Exclusive   Now..2018 C4 Picasso 1.2 PureTech Feel EAT6

#6 thehytheman

thehytheman

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:31 PM

I had same issue on 55 plated car. Thanks for the info.

#7 crpt2008

crpt2008

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:05 AM

Thankfully I still have the older version (2003) with "normal" press tabs.

It´s SO MUCH easier. Literally a few seconds operation without tools.

Some damn laws produce too many restrictions to the thinkers of the auto industry.

We´ll never see again a "out of the box" thinking like in the old Citroen DS. Just as an example.

This is one of them. No wonder all cars are looking the same nowadays.

I still have a Mercedes A class (1998) with front passenger removable seat, 2 levers and it´s out.

Awesome! But disappeared immediately after. Back seats same thing, all are fixed nowadays. 

Edit: A decent set of ratchet wrenches and sockets will minimize your efforts a lot. ;-)

Edited by crpt2008, 12 May 2018 - 05:09 AM.

Actual, Xsara Picasso 1.6i petrol 2003 - Previous Xsara Picasso 1.6 HDI 110 Exclusive 2004

#8 rawthey

rawthey

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:13 AM

Some damn laws produce too many restrictions to the thinkers of the auto industry.
We´ll never see again a "out of the box" thinking like in the old Citroen DS. Just as an example.
This is one of them. No wonder all cars are looking the same nowadays.

Perhaps the change from clips to bolts was driven by cost rather than legislation. Three bolts for an operation that is rarely performed must be much cheaper than those hefty spring catches . The rear seats in the Xpic, which might be unclipped much more often, still use the same sort of catch.

Mike
Xsara Picasso (58) 1.6i 16V Desire, Iron Grey

#9 crpt2008

crpt2008

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:59 PM

Hi Unfortunately not. They followed the same path as the removable seats, swivel seats, thin A pillars, detached bumpers, retractable headlights and so many other details that vanished. In most cases there´s no specific legislation that forbid it directly. A good example being the thin A pillars. But no way, they would EVER pass a modern crash test. Same for the headlights, etc.

Our nice xpic is a project with more than 20 years... Even the much newer C4 was done with it.

Renault Twingo lost the foldable (bed) seats. Renault Espace lost the saloon option (swivels).

The Fiat Dobló has head rest fixed to the seat. (that´s the craziest of them all. LOL :-)

Other example commercial panel vans first had nothing, than came the grid on the driver side only. Then, covering the entire rear area. Then the area became totally enclosed.

As a side note I miss some of those design details. :-)

Cheers

Actual, Xsara Picasso 1.6i petrol 2003 - Previous Xsara Picasso 1.6 HDI 110 Exclusive 2004