#1 DamjanSarec

DamjanSarec

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:42 PM

Hello fellow Picasso owners.

I bought Xsara Picasso 7 months ago as a beater car, that I use as a daily driver and I'm LOVING IT, apart from the issues it has.
When i bough the car the owner explained the car has a very small problem, cabin air blower doesn't work the first 3 min you start the car for the first time. That want an issue for me honestly, so i bought the car that is apart from some rust, a very nice car.

The problems started the first time i drove the car in the rain, and it is getting worse. ATM when i start the car, the radio, AC, cabin fan, blinkers and travell computer works. But after 2 min, it all goes dead... Radio stops working, cabin fan IS working, travvel computer isnt responsive and shows only the date and the blinker clicking sounds are gone but the DO WORK on the outside. Sometime when i hit the bump on the road all starts working again, but soon after it stops and its annoying me so damn much.

Does anyone know what it could be? Steering wheel lock wiriing? Can someone please help me? :(

Thank you very much and greetings from Slovenia.

Damian

#2 Supercar

Supercar

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:45 PM

Look for corrosion fuse boards ECU etc also others here >> http://www.citroen-o...ctrical-issues/

#3 Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:12 PM

Sounds like you have a loose/corroded connection.

#4 DamjanSarec

DamjanSarec

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:42 PM

I went to look at the fuses and didnt find any bad ones. 
So im a bit lost here if im totally honest!

Any idea where should i start looking for problem.

I also noticed that cabin fan is sometimes working with different speed, and it changes the speed of spinning or stops whenever i hit a pothole.

Can someone with more experience point me on what part should i look for bad connection? Interior fuses, engine bay fuses, cabels around steering wheel or cabels behind the dash.
Im in a bad position financally and cant really afford a pro ATM. So i would like to repair myslef, i have little to no knowledge on electrical stuff, but i usally fix all my devices myslef and had fix most of my stuff myself. I dont know why im suspecting the wiiring behind the lock on steering wheel?

Thank you for all the answers they are VERY apreciated.

cheers

Damien

#5 DamjanSarec

DamjanSarec

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:23 PM

I have now found the ECU location, but before i take it out and try to clean the pins with some cleaning agent. Maybe brake cleaner or something specially intented to clean the corosion off the pins.

I noticed also that in cold weather its better, and in wet weather its worst.

Will i be able to fix this myself? What do you guys think... The last thing i want is, for the car not to run again, that would mean not being able to get to work, and it would mean really really really bad problems.

Thank again for all the help!

Damien

#6 Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:12 PM

Caig deoxit spray cleaner on a electrical connections

http://caig.com

#7 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,265 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 21 August 2018 - 03:39 PM

Been browsing other makes of MPVs and it came as a bit of a surprise to discover that Citroen are far from being alone in having dodgy electrics, it is a favourite topic with Ford S Max models, so for me a change of brand could be a leap in the dark, one thing is a relief that as yet I dont think Citroens have the same spontaneous combustion feature as Vauxhalls or suddenly stopping on the motorway of the BMW, so it could be a case of better the devil you know