8 replies to this topic

#1 Alber

Alber

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:41 AM

I have a 2014 C4 Picasso 1.6 Diesel VTR+. The central display (heating, radio etc) overheats and fails. I have been told by my Citroën Dealer that there is no fix. Does anyone else have this problem?

#2 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c3 pic blueHDI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:11 AM

Another case of marketing unproven gadgets by Citroen, it really puts you off buying another which is a shame, they are , on the whole, a nice comfortable car its just these unresolved gremlins and a manufacturer in denial

• Alber likes this

#3 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:14 PM

I have a 2014 C4 Picasso 1.6 Diesel VTR+. The central display (heating, radio etc) overheats and fails. I have been told by my Citroën Dealer that there is no fix. Does anyone else have this problem?

Try another Dealer, or decent garage - presumably they don't all do it, so must be a fault, and fixeable (perhaps with a new screen ?)

#4 discv

discv

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:47 PM

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree- but just happened to see this--

https://www.ebay.co....6EAAOSws0lZ5fmp

• gray likes this

C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi 16V FAP/DPFS 110, -Auto (DV6 - 80kW) (C4) (DT) (2008)

#5 Alber

Alber

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:28 PM

The fault is a warranty issue as it's been happening since I bought the car @ 13 months old. Dealer tells me it's a recognised fault and Citroën did have a fix when it happened with a different model. Fix no longer available. Dealer says it's happening on another (possibly customer) vehicle and that Citroën are tasking their supplier (of the display) to resolve the issue. Citroën Customer Care won't discuss faults until you speak to the Dealer Service Manager and he was unaware if my issue on Monday....he's now investigating and I'm awaiting his response tomorrow 22.02.18.
  • gray likes this

#6 Alber

Alber

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

Anyone have 'favourable' dealings with Citroën Customer Care....or not?

#7 Alber

Alber

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:47 AM

Just an update (if anyone is listening LOL). Citroën have no fix for this issue as yet 27/03/18. Their technical team are still investigating.

#8 Picpan

Picpan

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle Touring
    Running our Bed & Brekfast in France

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:41 PM

Mines got a line of missing pixels? along the whole length near the bottom of the screen.  You can just make out the milage if you really look hard enough. Anyone else had this? Havent reported it yet.

#9 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c3 pic blueHDI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 02 February 2020 - 09:11 AM

Makes you wonder if a futuristic display is the correct route to follow for driving info