4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr P

Mr P

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:14 PM

Hi Im trying to locate a locking wheel nut remover as the one in my car is stripped and no good. The code on the socket is E7AL9 and Citroen say 5 to 7 days to get one. Any ideas pls ?

#2 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:49 PM

Take it to a tyre place and get them to remove it, and put normal ones on....  

#3 Marvin

Marvin

Skoda Yeti SE Greenline II, 1.6TDi, Steel Grey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:18 PM

I think Halfords sell removal tools..... I'm sure I saw one last week when I was shopping for a breaker bar (you might want one of those, too!) ...it was in the same display section.

As Gray says,  don't bother replacing the damaged bolt with another locking one, just put normal bolts on........  wheels very rarely get stolen these days,  and the locking bolts are more trouble than they are worth.

"Life? Don't talk to me about life....."

#4 cris1117

cris1117

1.6hi 110 (2007) X-Picasso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:33 PM

As above, whenever I buy a new car the locking wheel nuts go in the bin.
I had a flat a few years back at 4 in the morning and the locking bolt ringed off, miles from anywhere no phone signal had to drive 10 miles on a flat tyre which wrecked the wheel, never again.

#5 nesetceri

nesetceri

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:38 AM

I agree..Locking wheel  studs are useless pain...if someone wants to steal the wheels , they will steal them with or without locking studs...also if a idiotic tyre fitter-mechanic uses a air gun to remove-fit them  ..big trouble !