#1 thewhinge

thewhinge

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:classic cars/ caravans, steam gatherings

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:02 AM

Hi my digital dash needs replacing as the liquid crystal has failed on the right, my car has the trip computer but i cannot find a 2 plug display unit, my question is can i fit a single blue plug dash in its place ? Not relly bothered about the trip display, thanks in advance

#2 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:20 AM

1st thing... Is it just the bulbs that have blown ?

Citroen and Peugeot share a lot of common parts, but i don't know if the dash is one of them, as it will have to talk back to the BSI.... If it does work, then remember that the milage will default to the highest one (either the current BSI reading, or the one in the new dash).

Edited by gray, 25 March 2017 - 07:21 AM.

#3 thewhinge

thewhinge

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:03 PM

No its not the bulbs, all i have left is the 0 on the speedo plus a nice burning smell from the circuit board !

#4 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:59 PM

Ouch ! It's probably safest to get a compatible Citroen dash, but I've no idea if a Pug one will fit.

#5 thewhinge

thewhinge

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:18 AM

I know a pug dash wont fit, but my dash has 2 plugs to it but i wondered if anyone knew if a single blue plug would still work.

#6 jamez2008

jamez2008

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:56 AM

No needs to be double plug. Also you need a dash with lower milage so it has your milage. or it will store the higher milage. Also check the part number sticker and match it up on ebay or get a second hand one. Easy job pull plastic facia off and 2 torx screws.

#7 ChrisGibbard

ChrisGibbard

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

No needs to be double plug. Also you need a dash with lower milage so it has your milage. or it will store the higher milage. Also check the part number sticker and match it up on ebay or get a second hand one. Easy job pull plastic facia off and 2 torx screws.

It has to be the same as the one you have, and get one that reads a lower mileage, as per the previous posts. Or you will waste a lot of time and money.

#8 maskedavenger

maskedavenger

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:00 AM

Hi, I also have a display problem. My right hand display fades as the car/dad warms up. I've watched eBay & multiple breakers for the correct part number (mine has the disc drive sat nav display, not that I use it) but no joy. Does anyone know of a different style/part numbered display would work? I just want to see the radio display/fuel display.

#9 maskedavenger

maskedavenger

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:04 AM

My post above should say display fades as car/dash warms up.... not dad warms up... hate predictive text!

#10 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,619 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:30 AM

Look here 

http://www.ebay.co.u...vQAAOSwpONZVjfO

http://www.ebay.co.u...hAAAOSwTf9ZVkpZ

http://www.ebay.co.u...uYAAOSwrfVZVjms

These three are from the same guys, they have a phone number on the ads, call them and see if yours can be replaced by one of these. 

17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#11 maskedavenger

maskedavenger

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:23 AM

The part number for my display is '9631710480'I'm not worried if the sat nav works. I'll give them a call. Thanks.

#12 grant2258

grant2258

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 01:20 AM

I just ordered a speedo my plan is to remove the lcd from the pcb and solder it on as it wont seal again. The plug is right form the picture only thing is its from a petrol and im using a diesel not sure if they are interchangeable.