6 replies to this topic

#1 richard280166

richard280166

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:43 PM

Hello - I have just purchased a 3 year old C3 Picasso HDi and this is my first experience of having a DPF, having had my last diesel Picasso 2.0 for the last 13 years (from new).

I wanted to know if people think I will need to use a diesel additive, considering that the Eolys are added from the bag each time the fuel tank filler cap is used? Would it be a problem occasionally using both to keep things clean and running smooth. My driving is a varied mix of long motorway runs, short trip and the inevitable town driving - roughly 8k per year.

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,479 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:16 PM

My understanding is that you should not add an additive straight into the tank if your car has EOLYS system. I have a C3 Picasso 1.6 HDi 62 reg. with the EOLYS system and it has done about 20K miles in just over four years. I do not add anything to the tank. I usually fill the tank each time I open the cap, not just adding the odd few litres. The car has now passed 2 MOTs with no problems or advisories. The car is used on mixed runs, many at the moment are about 4 miles each way. I do however give it a blast on the A3M about 8 miles at 70 mph to get the temp up and the system operating. The car has not let me down in the time I have had it from new.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 richard280166

richard280166

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:45 PM

Many hanks for the reply - it sounds right to me. I will leave the additives out as it would appear that Citroen has considered already this even if the bag will need replacing at around 80K - probably when I'm looking to move the car on - I kept my last car too long and spent far too much to get it through the MOT's.

#4 stroudbiker

stroudbiker

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motorcycles, cycling, making music, DIY making stuff, fixing anything.

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:43 PM

I didn't give Eolys fluid any thought at all until my wife noticed an oily drip underneath the right hand back passenger door. On invstigation I found a thick red viscous fluid was dripping out of a plastic box underneath the car. Further research revealed that inside the plastic box is a plastic bag that starts to leak with age. Even though my bag was nearly full I had to buy a new filled bag which, with fitting was nearly £186. Diesels may be frugal on fuel but these extra hidden costs are shocking and certainly not worth running diesel it if you are only doing  low mileages. 

#5 scrantz

scrantz

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

Where did you get the new bag fitted? Main dealer quoted me £350

#6 C3 Picasso Gaz

C3 Picasso Gaz

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Classic Mini's, LFC,

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

I have the same problem with mine red gue over the drive, not given me any problems yet but I do about 60 miles a day and mostly motorway

#7 BlackCherry

BlackCherry

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:29 PM

Having just been a victim of the 'red goo on the driveway', I searched around for the best price for a new Eolys (how is that pronounced, by the way...?) bag and one is winging its way to me from Germany as I type.

Around £125 including delivery (depends on current Euro exchange rate) from https://www.myparto....80_CI200D213E You may need to email them, as I did, to arrange as 'UK' doesn't come up in the list of countries on checkout!

Looks as tho' it's very easy to fit; plastic cover is held by three half-turn clips, and old bag has a quick-release connector too.

If you old bag has run out through natural means (mileage), and a warning light has come on, chances are you'll need this resetting although I know nothing about this. If so, I'd recommend asking your friendly local garage as chances are they can do this in 5 minutes.