3 replies to this topic

#1 cheesmo

cheesmo

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

Hello folks just wondered if anyone could tell me where the bsi is located in my Citroen xsara Picasso 1.6 hid 110 Bhp

#2 crpt2008

crpt2008

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:30 AM

Old topic, but might help others. Like myself, did it a few days ago, I had to look and was difficult to find, so while still fresh in memory...

BSI - "Boitier servitude intelligent", is located under the dash, commonly known as the inner fuses location. It's the black plastic support where the fuses are located. So quite easy access.

For removal it's easier, although not mandatory, to first remove the thick felt under the dash (4 black plastic pop clips).

The front dash fascia, it's held in place by Torx T20 screws (5\6 not sure). After removal of those screws just pull off fascia (out and down). 

At same time it's, better to undo the plugs connecting the rear view mirrors adjuster, the back electric windows, etc. Very simple and easy. Makes for a broader space to work on. All, this amazingly, is easier done than explained by writing. ;-)

With good access granted to the BSI. Time to remove all the plugs\connectors, not much to mention. 

All are either color coded or simply can't be mixed so, it's fool proof. Beware that all plugs have locking tabs. Either press and pull. Or the big ones, slide and pull (red tab). Set wire\plugs out of the way. With the BSI cleared. Pull lower part, one pin on each lower side. Slide it down. Voila.

• gray likes this

Actual, Xsara Picasso 1.6i petrol 2003 - Previous Xsara Picasso 1.6 HDI 110 Exclusive 2004

#3 DaddyMacV

DaddyMacV

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:23 PM

crpt2008 you forgot to add that you should remove the lower steering coloum shroud before even trying to remove the drivers side panel

#4 crpt2008

crpt2008

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:12 PM

Hi 

Yes that´s right.

Forgot to mention, 2 more screws and pull back. ;-)

Actual, Xsara Picasso 1.6i petrol 2003 - Previous Xsara Picasso 1.6 HDI 110 Exclusive 2004