#1 Daveuk

Daveuk

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:34 AM

Hi Guys, 

I have just tried to get some quotes on my xsara picasso. they seem to be around the 330 mark, with 9 no years claims, and with a sp 30 3 points over a year ago.

This does seem a bit high, are these cars quite high for insurance? i read a few other posts and it does seem to be, I had a subaru impreza wrx with direct line for around 320 a year, changed my car a month ago, had to pay an additional 6 pound for last months insurance which i did find strange as i expected it to drop and direct line have just quoted me a renewal of about 440 ?? Really lol, told them where to go

Was just after any insurance companies you can recomment, cheapest i have found with nc protection etc was octogan on compare the market

Cheers

Mines the 2.0L sx hdi

#2 discv

discv

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:33 AM

We had to use Octagon for my daughters insurance. Following a total loss, found to be not her fault and full NCB retained, all the other firms tripled her premium and then applied discount!

However, Octagon has pretty poor reviews. And reading through the small print she has little more than Road Traffic Act cover.

Back to the Xpic, I use Adrian Flux. Full no claims and nil points- still £300 though. (Mentioning this forum seems to shave a few pennies, and naming another (female) driver can help too.)

C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi 16V FAP/DPFS 110, -Auto (DV6 - 80kW) (C4) (DT) (2008)

#3 MattyClegg

MattyClegg

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:22 PM

I'm 23, own a 1.6 Petrol x.pic. got one of these because I have 2 kids and also use the car for shifting dj gear around.
My insurance (cheapest quote I've ever had) ........ Hold onto your seat......

£941 with 2 yrs NCD

This must be purely down to my age and/or area that I live in. I've never had any convictions, points, collisions etc. Last year it was just under 1400 quid!

#4 ChrisGibbard

ChrisGibbard

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:45 PM

Don't want to make you sick, but mine's less than £180, fully comp with all the bells and whistles, because I am an old git, with a clean license, who lives in a "nice insurance area" and doesn't shift dj equipment around anymore.

If you heard Leftfield today on Radio 6, then my eldest son is their sound engineer, that's why I don't have to do that anymore, he has some-one else to do it for him. ( Any other young / old gits on here, who do not know who Leftfield are, then youtube it, and cover your ears)

#5 MattyClegg

MattyClegg

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:10 PM

That is seriously cheap! I'm stunned by the amount I pay! I think it's because most lads my age are known to take small cars and act like a moron through busy town centres. Personally I've always been a little more responsible in that sense, I'll admit to driving faster on out of town roads and long country roads. Driving should always be enjoyable. But I couldn't lower myself to the level that these young lads are on.
My insurance is still extortionate though, I've known people my age have insurance for less on a 2.2litre bmw with over 180bhp! Mine is only 95bhp and weighs 1.3 tonnes. It's terrible really. And even with a tracking box it costs more than policy without one! Ridiculous

#6 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:12 AM

I'm another old git with long NCD but a crap area, just renewed  at £280 ish, then add breakdown / recovery to that. Damn, tax reminder arrived, another £180 [c4 pic 1.6 hdi]

Thats about £1.50 a day before you start maintaining and adding fuel, wheres that moped.

Edited by granpa, 07 October 2015 - 07:17 AM.

#7 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,597 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:55 AM

Well reading thru those last few posts I feel really relatively happy. Mine this year with One Call for Full Comp, with legal, free curtesy car, 1 months foreign travel, windcreen cover, but only 5K miles a year and basic recovey £225. Then I upped the recovery by £32 to full. I only have 3 years NCB, clean licence and no claims in 38 years. Wife and me only driving C3 Pic. 2012 model.

To be honest I felt really ripped off at that price. Oh yes Grandpa the C3 Pic 1.6 is only £30 a year to tax, but then you knew that. So daily cost before moving it is 78p.

As I've said before teh NCB is due me not holding a policy in my name for more than 3 years due to us only having 1 car after I retired, which was my wife's. NCB only last 2 to 3 years these days.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#8 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:49 AM

I would like to move to a moderner c4 with cheaper road tax but unless there is a major issue with the present one cant see buying another worthwhile, this may well be the last car I buy, comfort and space is fine, fuel returns very acceptable, a lot depends on the attitude towards diesels after the latest revelations.

#9 Romany Jones

Romany Jones

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:15 PM

After trawling the internet for hours and phoning various companies till my ears were bleeding from the questions asked two of whom data bases failed, I felt I had fallen into the twighlight zone,,,,,,

got a quote from Hastings Direct all bells and whistles for £247.after getting quotes for £950 to £795 I cannot believe the variation in prices.

• gray likes this