#1 Landmark

Landmark

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

Hi Folks,

Our new C3 Picasso (2014 Hdi 90) seems to have a low pressure tyre monitor system (no idea how it works!). Does anyone know how low the pressure has to drop before the warning light comes on?

Thanks,

Griff

• kopetpdnnk likes this

Griff

2016 C3 Picasso 1.2 Puretech 110 Platinum

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,522 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

I have had a look in the latest C3 Pic handbook ( http://service.citroen.com/ddb/#top) ON PAGE 108 AND 109 it explains the system. It would that it is 0.3 bar variation on the figure that is set into the system. That figure is set by the user each time the tyres are adjusted. The warning is triggered when 1 or more tyres deviate from the set figure. The set figure is whatever it was set to at the time of setting (if you see what I mean). Pressure is sensed by a small transducer located on the wheel inside the tyre. Sends a msg to the receiver, wifi??

I borrowed the following paras. from another forum.
I have a 2014 C3 Picasso Exclusive. Tyre warning came up "adjust tyre pressures and reinitialise warning" or something similar. The issue now is that the tyre warning light stays on even though tyre pressures have been corrected. The local Citroen garage had inflated tyres too much thereby giving the alarm when driving. Does anyone know how to reset (reinitialise) the warning light? Thank you

Answers

I now have the answer from Citroen. This warning can only be reset by a Citroen dealer using computer diagnostics...or going through a complex process of disconnecting the battery a number of times in quick succession with ignition on...this resets the car CPU unit, apparently. I would not recommend the latter!! Douglas Ros from Belgium

Check your tyre pressure and then reinitialise the system from the main monitor. menu>vehickle config>tyres pressure>ok Sax from Russia
  • rogermunns likes this
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 Landmark

Landmark

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

Hi Stimulator,

Many thanks for that. I did read the manual but failed to appreciate that the 0.3 bar (4.35psi in old money) mentioned was the variation. 

Regards,

Griff

Griff

2016 C3 Picasso 1.2 Puretech 110 Platinum

#4 rogermunns

rogermunns

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for this last posting - fixed my low pressure alarm re-set.