#1 Duggers

Duggers

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

Got a 59 Plate C3 Picasso.

Had a strange rubbing noise the other day and managed to track it down to the passenger side wheel arch liner 'flapping' about. It appeared to have broken at the front, and was vibrating in the wind (at speed).

I have purchased a new wheel arch liner (plus some spare mushroom clips) from Citroen, and thought it would be easy to replace.

Managed to get all the old mushroom clips out successfully; and undid the torx screw at the front, but just spent the last hour on my back trying to work out how to undo the hex-head bolt on the underside? It appears to just turn without coming out of the box section strut? I have checked for access holes to see if there is a nut that you can get to on the back - but can't find anything.

Has anyone else had experience of removing this?

Additionally, there was a small piece of broken plastic being held by this bolt, and a similar piece on the other side of the car - is there another piece of plastic undertray that I am missing that is attached to these two bolts.

Many thanks in advance for any help. I've been swearing like a sailor for the last 30 mins!

• semisizaqor, GeorgeNax, StanleyOa and 21 others like this

#2 bvs

bvs

1.8 HDI SX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Anything aviation related,Malt Whisky,Music,Cycling

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

I do not know exactly which fastener you refer to but if it is one of the (10mm head) fasteners for the undertray then it may screw into a plastic/nylon receptacle.

Damage caused by recent flooding ??

Sometimes one can remove recalcitrant screws/bolts by putting small screwdriver under the head whilst gently unscrewing the bolt and gently levering the bolt at the same time as unscrewing !

2009 C3 picasso 1.6 hdi vtr+

Previous inc a couple of zx diesels,zantia diesel !

#3 Duggers

Duggers

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for the reply. Yes, iirc it was a 10mm hex head bolt. Tried using a screwdriver and putting under tension, but still couldn't get the bugger undone. Think I'm missing the undertray also (probably what the plastic remnants were). Looks like a trip to Citroen to get it sorted!

Wasn't linked to the floods - we've been pretty dry here in East Anglia.