• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blondchaser

blondchaser

1.6 Hdi (Royal Blue)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • Interests:fast trucks and even faster women.

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

OH DEAR, got my knickers in a right twist. Got this hedge trimmer from an acedemic who said it had seized. No problem--must be blades stuck with rust.
On dismantling the whole thing, it appears that the parts (flat spring clips) for holding the blade ends in place had somehow come adrift---no signs of breakage. Try as i may, i just can't get these ruddy things to go back into place----HELP any B&D experts out there.
Don't know who designed this set up for moving the blades, but it is of very poor engineering design for such a simple job.

#2 Lancelot

Lancelot

Lancelot the Beak now with a Kia Venga petrol Auto Type 3.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,706 posts
  • Interests:Computing. Grand Prix Motor Racing, Holidays in Western Australia each year, for 3 months.
    Red wine and Whisky, more Red Wine & Whisky.

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

Tell him the gear has stripped and beyond economical repair!

The retired Beak with a 2ltr Petrol, Exclusive, Automatic, Picasso.
Arctic Steel - of course!

#3 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

Do a search on-line if you have the model number there could be an exploded drawing that may help, getting back to the initial problem if the fault lies with the blades it is possible they are 'glued' together with dried sap, slightly releasing the blade clamping screws and liberally feeding 3 in 1 oil or similar will free it off, remember to retighten the screws after.
I use Bosch. B & D aint what they used to be