Photo

Gearbox, Esp, Handbrake, fault notifications??

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ridgeyman

ridgeyman

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, Metal Detecting, Music.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hi I broke down last week and was recovered by Mayday. I was driving along the road, my service light came on & faulty side lamp bulb. Then ESP fault, Then handbrake fault, then the engine revved 3 times & clutch slipped & the car stopped. It would not start & said gearbox fault on the dash. The car stood for a while whilst awaiting recovery, started got gears no fault. Recovered car to caravan site where the faults were back. It is now sitting at my local Citroen dealers who say it looks like water ingress throwing up loads of problems too many to actually be wrong with the car. They have checked all the obvious culprits with no joy. They now think it could be?? the digital fuse box, but without actually ordering one @ £160 they are scratching there heads. They have 5 Citroen's in stock & guess what, none of the fuse-boxes will fit, just to try.

My question is; any suggestions?, they have now had my car a week. The car will start, tick over, but when driven breaks down again. I can feel a Skoda coming on. :-(