#1 CassHam

CassHam

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

Hi,

I have a C4 GP '10' reg with which I got the inbuilt Bluetooth system which had been working fantastically up until a few months ago. Then it started doing a few odd things like not making the call until the third attempt (this eventually sorted itself out) and not allowing you to look at the caller list (the contact list was always available) - sometimes it was non-selectable, sometimes it didn't show at all and other times it looked selectable but wouldn't let you select it. However, I worked around this, but realising my warranty expires today (13th) I mentioned it to the dealer who said it might be a problem with the phone but they would put in a new Trojan(?) unit which is often the problem.

Upon collecting the car they said they hadn't had any problems connecting to the Bluetooth before or after replacing it but hadn't tried with my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S2. So optimistically I got in the car and found that it was actually worse than before. It paired okay but wouldn't let me access my call logs nor my contact list so I couldn't make any calls at all. If the options were visible they were non-selectable but more often aren't displayed at all. They showed me the system working with a Blackberry but it still wouldn't do anything with my S2. I tried clearing the data in the Bluetooth software, unpairing and repairing, restarting my phone, using a third party Bluetooth file transfer program but to no avail. I received one call on the way home which worked and I did manage to get it to play music through my stereo but by starting it on the phone rather than through the car's controls but I can't make any outgoing calls at all.

A while ago I updated the phone's firmware to ice cream sandwich but I'm pretty sure the phone linked up okay after that and I really don't know why it would be worse now than when I dropped it in yesterday morning.

They also replaced the window control unit on the driver's door because I couldn't one touch close the passenger window from the driver's side but it's exactly the same as it was before. They've been very helpful and willing but I'm actually worse off than I was before.

If anyone has any ideas or experience of what to try to get the Bluetooth to link up correctly I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks,

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,674 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

My C3Pic has Bluetooth. I have a Doro phone which has Bluetooth. I followed the set up in the car manual and it worked. However after 4 months it decided to forget the phone and I had to pair them again. This time it took an age. I think you have to do the car end first.

With regards to your windows.

I had a C4Pic with EGS 1.6HDi 2008 58 plate. Second-hand purchase and the pax window did what your does. It was OK the first shot after starting the car but after that manual only. The dealer changed the driver's door module complete. It worked the first time only gain. On the C4 owners website there is a post about the same problem and it is a common occurrence which seems to be unfixable. Can't understand this to be honest as it worked on my old C3 saloons (2 of). Lesser spec models only have auto window on driver's door, possibly why?

17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 CassHam

CassHam

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

• Many thanks for the reply. Maybe it just needed time but somehow (and I don't really know what I did differently) the contact list has become available again (call list still shaded out though). Did try with my wife's blackberry and daughter's HTC, both of which claimed to have paired up but neither giving access to the contact list so very peculiar all round. I've lived with just having the contact list available for a few months so looks like I'll carry on like that unless it is an ice cream sandwich issue in which case hopefully they'll provide an update in the not too distant future.
  • Very interesting about the window buttons - how on earth is it possible for them not to trace the actual problem or is it more the case that it would be an expense they could do without to fix it in all the cars?
  • Anyway, many thanks again stimulator, greatly appreciated.

#4 pjg

pjg

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Music, Motorbikes, Cars, Computers,

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:11 PM

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I have just taken delivery of a 2009 1.6Hdi VTR+, I have 2 issues with the audio system.

1. can not get my windows phone to connect it shows the car as accessory and when i try to pair it either fails of asks for the code which i enter and than it reports can non connect on the phone. I cant seem to find any bluetooth options on the multi display?

2. In the glove box is a USB port which i have read is for phone or memory stick connection, I have tried a usb stick with MP3 files (in folders) on it, it lights up but again it is not recognised by the head unit ?

Any advice gladly received

Peter

12 Berlingo Multispace 1.6HDI VTR H White

09 C4 Picasso 1.6 HDI VTR+ Metallic Blue Replaced after 1 week due to ECU failure 

52 Picasso 2.0Hdi Silver - Passed on to Son

#5 bixbarton

bixbarton

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:30 PM

CassHam - I had the same issue with the passenger window, and 4 years on we still have the same issue. 

We went back to the dealer numerous times and every time they said it was fixed, but it wasn't. But we were rubbish and didn't call them up on it before the warranty expired. So there is obviously a common problem with the passenger window control.

It gets even worse on ours, you press the button for up (when the window is already up) and it one-touches all the way down.

Hi,

I have a C4 GP '10' reg with which I got the inbuilt Bluetooth system which had been working fantastically up until a few months ago. Then it started doing a few odd things like not making the call until the third attempt (this eventually sorted itself out) and not allowing you to look at the caller list (the contact list was always available) - sometimes it was non-selectable, sometimes it didn't show at all and other times it looked selectable but wouldn't let you select it. However, I worked around this, but realising my warranty expires today (13th) I mentioned it to the dealer who said it might be a problem with the phone but they would put in a new Trojan(?) unit which is often the problem.

Upon collecting the car they said they hadn't had any problems connecting to the Bluetooth before or after replacing it but hadn't tried with my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S2. So optimistically I got in the car and found that it was actually worse than before. It paired okay but wouldn't let me access my call logs nor my contact list so I couldn't make any calls at all. If the options were visible they were non-selectable but more often aren't displayed at all. They showed me the system working with a Blackberry but it still wouldn't do anything with my S2. I tried clearing the data in the Bluetooth software, unpairing and repairing, restarting my phone, using a third party Bluetooth file transfer program but to no avail. I received one call on the way home which worked and I did manage to get it to play music through my stereo but by starting it on the phone rather than through the car's controls but I can't make any outgoing calls at all.

A while ago I updated the phone's firmware to ice cream sandwich but I'm pretty sure the phone linked up okay after that and I really don't know why it would be worse now than when I dropped it in yesterday morning.

They also replaced the window control unit on the driver's door because I couldn't one touch close the passenger window from the driver's side but it's exactly the same as it was before. They've been very helpful and willing but I'm actually worse off than I was before.

If anyone has any ideas or experience of what to try to get the Bluetooth to link up correctly I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bluetooth, Bluetooth contacts, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy SII, Bluetooth problem, Bluetooth not pairing, C4 Grand Picasso, C4 GP, Bluetooth caller list, Bluetooth error