13 replies to this topic

#1 IppyPicasso

IppyPicasso

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Hi, had my 52 plate HDI Picasso for a week and I love it !

Noticed that my rear wiper does not work, although the wash does. Any ideas ?

According to my handbook, there's a fuse for the Wipers, but it does not state whether front or rear and the fronts work fine.

Thanks for your help

Paul

#2 pjg

pjg

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Music, Motorbikes, Cars, Computers,

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Fuse is under the Dash

Fuse F11 15 A Rear screen wiper

looks like its the bottom one right hand side forth in from the right. hope this helps

12 Berlingo Multispace 1.6HDI VTR H White

09 C4 Picasso 1.6 HDI VTR+ Metallic Blue Replaced after 1 week due to ECU failure 

52 Picasso 2.0Hdi Silver - Passed on to Son

#3 IppyPicasso

IppyPicasso

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Fuse is under the Dash

Fuse F11 15 A Rear screen wiper

looks like its the bottom one right hand side forth in from the right. hope this helps

Thanks, but I don't see that fuse.

I've taken a photo of the lower most of the cabin fuse box, any ideas ?

My Handbook says Fuse diagram "according to model or country" - very helpful ! It just states Fuse Number B 25A for "Windscreen Wiper", which I can only determine refers to the front wipers, and they work fine. There's no other reference to wipers in the handbook.

I'm well conFUSED  :mellow:

If anybody can help here I will be really grateful, thanks in advance.

PaulAttached File  fuses.jpg   119.35KB   38 downloads

Edited by IppyPicasso, 23 March 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#4 mattdehat

mattdehat

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Thanks, but I don't see that fuse.

I've taken a photo of the lower most of the cabin fuse box, any ideas ?

My Handbook says Fuse diagram "according to model or country" - very helpful ! It just states Fuse Number B 25A for "Windscreen Wiper", which I can only determine refers to the front wipers, and they work fine. There's no other reference to wipers in the handbook.

I'm well conFUSED  :mellow:

If anybody can help here I will be really grateful, thanks in advance.

Paulattachicon.giffuses.jpg

hi,i have exactly the same problem..help need

#5 pjg

pjg

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Music, Motorbikes, Cars, Computers,

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Ah....Ok i see the problem i was quoting the owners manual,but i have just looked in my fuse box and it is as per your picture, nothing like the one in the manual :blush:

The fuse is 15A which is BLUE,

if you look at the second row from right at the bottom you have  a blue 15 A at the bottom and 2 just above that. the fuse box is numbered on the plastic between the fuses. It is tiny I think fuse 11 is the bottom one, you could just pull out the 15a fuses and check them one at a time. I dont think any of them are going to cause problems if removed and replaced, as the radio is coded to the BSI and needs no code entry.

Im no expert but that is my best guess

Good Luck

12 Berlingo Multispace 1.6HDI VTR H White

09 C4 Picasso 1.6 HDI VTR+ Metallic Blue Replaced after 1 week due to ECU failure 

52 Picasso 2.0Hdi Silver - Passed on to Son

#6 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c3 pic blueHDI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

According to Haynes for the 2000-2002 model they give Engine fuse box MF9 50a fuse for; BSI supply, indicators, electric windows, rear wiper & air con. If this is correct looks like your problem could be elsewhere

#7 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c3 pic blueHDI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Been having another look in Haynes, it show MF9 [50a]fuse feeding the BSI on pin 1 [red wire] and two wires out of the BSI to the rear wiper, one is pin 5 [green] to connector 1 on rear wiper motor, the second is from pin 10 [purple] to connector 2 on rear wiper motor, it shows no other fuses on the system that I can see, the wiper motors 3rd connection is an earth [green / yellow]
I would suggest using a multimeter to see if pins 5 & 10 go live when operating rear wiper switch [ignition on] and then move on to the motor itself checking connectors and the earth
Afterthought; check connectors where main wiring loom and tailgate looms join, I would assume there are two looms involved for the tailgate supply

Edited by granpa, 24 March 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#8 IppyPicasso

IppyPicasso

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Been having another look in Haynes, it show MF9 [50a]fuse feeding the BSI on pin 1 [red wire] and two wires out of the BSI to the rear wiper, one is pin 5 [green] to connector 1 on rear wiper motor, the second is from pin 10 [purple] to connector 2 on rear wiper motor, it shows no other fuses on the system that I can see, the wiper motors 3rd connection is an earth [green / yellow]
I would suggest using a multimeter to see if pins 5 & 10 go live when operating rear wiper switch [ignition on] and then move on to the motor itself checking connectors and the earth
Afterthought; check connectors where main wiring loom and tailgate looms join, I would assume there are two looms involved for the tailgate supply

Thanks for your help, really appreciate everybody taking time out to research and reply ! Will check out the suggestions here next Saturday and let you know how I get on. In the meantime have a great weekend.
Cheers
Paul

#9 IppyPicasso

IppyPicasso

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Thanks everyone for your help, it looks like its the rear wiper motor itself that's fault.

#10 Gti6

Gti6

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

What was the outcome of this?
As a friend just got into her car by opening her front passenger door and the rear wiper start sweeping!

#11 Ozzie

Ozzie

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

What was the outcome of this?
As a friend just got into her car by opening her front passenger door and the rear wiper start sweeping!

haven't had a chance to look at mine yet but the thread might be of use

http://www.citroenpi...s-continuously/

let us know if you fix it.

#12 Gti6

Gti6

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

I've unplugged the rear wiper for now under the boot cover. Basically a lady friend said her rear wiper wasn't working at all on her 06 diesal picasso. So I just checked the fuse under driver side it was fine, then took the boot panel off the back to check the rear wiper moter itself, I unplugged it and placed back in and gave the arm a wiggle and it started working on the stalk as normal and that silly idea of it coming on when going into reverse gear which I found out it suppose to do so. Anyway I tell her it was a fluke and its working again.
She opens the door and it goes of by itself!? No key in the ignition! How is that possible ?

Also after the rear wiper has done it's sweeping it comes to a stop randomly any postion on the window and not to one side of the screen.

#13 Gti6

Gti6

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

Finding it hard to navigate on this forum. What is this comm 2000 thing? where can I find it does it have relays on it or?? If someone could link me a page on it I'd appreciate it. Really want to solve this pathetic rear wiper issue.

#14 Ozzie

Ozzie

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

some pics on this thread ,

http://www.citroenpi...ve-52-reg-2003/

one reason why I haven't worked up the enthusiasm to have a look yet !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xsara, Picasso, HDI, Wipers, Fuse