• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TheFrenchConnection

TheFrenchConnection

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Being semi-retired in the sun, running our holiday Gite and re-kindling a love afair with an MG, after hanging up my motorcycling leathers.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

My 1.6hdi 110 (2005, 92k) has an occasional slight hesitation at very small throttle openings, but fuel consumption is excellent and the performance seems fine.

If it was the old, non-cat turbodiesel Fiat engine in my motorhome I'd treat it to a dose of injector cleaner and diesel additive (works wonders) but I'm reluctant to try that on the much more sophisticated hdi.

Is it OK to use either of these on hdi engines - I'm particularly thinking about that particulate filter and the cat?

I'd also be interested in why I get a very occasional orange MIL - about two a year, usually exiting a roundabout and almost invariably on trips to England (we're based in France)! The code reader says 'turbocharger high', and there's no difference in performance or economy before or after I turn it off.

Any advice or comments would be most welcome

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,683 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

do you have a FAP system. If you do, I understand that you shouldn't use injector cleaner in the fuel.

17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 TheFrenchConnection

TheFrenchConnection

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Being semi-retired in the sun, running our holiday Gite and re-kindling a love afair with an MG, after hanging up my motorcycling leathers.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Many thanks - thought so! It's a 110, so I assume it has a FAP system and therefore won't get the treatment!

Any suggestions about the random MIL for the turbo please?

#4 pilot

pilot

1.6Hdi 2005 Exclusive Silver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:Flying and drinking red wine. ( Not at the same time since I spilt a glass)
    Now driving 2013 Peugeot 2008 Allure EGS 1.6Hdi.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

I used to get the engine warning light occasionally on roundabouts.It would disappear after a couple of starts. Worked out that because my feet are wide I occasionally touched the brake and the throttle at the same time which apparently the cpu can't understand.

Posted Image

#5 TheFrenchConnection

TheFrenchConnection

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Thanks, that's interesting and I'll watch out for it. I must say the pedals are a bit cramped for bigger feet - ours is LHD but I've heard the RHD's are cramped too.

#6 picassoman11

picassoman11

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

I had the Engine warning light recently.

I reset it with a programmer, but used to come straight back on.

I looked at EGR valve and serviced car but still the same...

I then decided a fuel additive was my next option...

I used Dipetane which is an Irish product, not sure if its available anywhere else..

Link-----  

http://www.dipetane.ie/Dipetane.aspx

Anyways,ever since no light, and smooth driving with better MPG... 

Use it on a regular basis now...

My car is the 2.0 HDI 90BHP

No idea if there is a FAP or not?

#7 fingerscrossed

fingerscrossed

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

I've just had to google FAP. Apparently it's internet slang for spilling one's own seed. And French for D(iesel) P(articualte) F(ilter)  - F(iltre) (à) (P)articules. I guess you meant the second one :)

The 2.0HDi has no DPF whereas the 1.6 does.

I have a bottle of Wynns' diesel system cleaner in my 2.0HDi at the moment. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: injector, diesel, 110hdi