3 replies to this topic

#1 Pritch

Pritch

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

OK, so after a short absence from the forum, I'm back...with another problem, my sidelights work, and come on, but not by themselves!

Let me explain...

With or without the auto-headlights switched on is regardless of outcome. Basically, if I switch the stalk to sidelights, they come on...along with the dipped headlights. If I switch the stalk to headlights, the sidelights stay on, as well as the dipped beam. If I switch it back to sidelights, guess what.........no change. Sidelights and dipped beam.

Again, this is the same with the auto lights switched on.

Now I know it's not such a bad thing that my headlights still work, but I have a lovely black Picasso, so would like to drive in some conditions with my sidelights on to increase my car's visibility to others, without driving with my headlights on all the time unnecessarily.

Any ideas?

Thanks. Pritch.

Oh, and for those interested in the outcome of my last posts.... no I still haven't replaced the turbo/gasket/manifold or any work done to the pistons or air flow, and the car still runs fine, so I'm not entirely convinced that the garage I took it to last time where honest about the 'seriousness' of the problem.  

• allonopluflab likes this

#2 Rossi

Rossi

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

I have the same problem with my headlights coming on when the switch is in the sidelight position. Started a few months back and didn't really bother me so have left it, but MOT is now due and i'm unsure if this will b an issue.

Any joy in fixing this problem?

#3 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,619 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

I think that if you hold in the end of the lights stalk with the ignition ON you can disable or enable the auto headlight system.

OR it's in the car personality menu (if yours has that) I am talking from C3 experience with this

Edited by stimulator, 10 February 2013 - 03:39 PM.

17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#4 Pritch

Pritch

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Still not had any luck in fixing it no. My MOT is due next month, i'm not sure if it would be a fail, as the side lights do work, technically, just not by themselves. I've had this problem since I bought the car, and it came with a brand new MOT so I assume it's not a fail.

As I said, I have tried the side lights with the auto lights switched on...and off, neither makes a difference. I have no idea what the personality thing is so I don't think it has it, although with French electrics, it definitely has a 'personality', whether Citroen intended it to or not ;-) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: side lights, sidelights, 501, bulbs, lights, light, electrics, electrical