7 replies to this topic

#1 essexboy

essexboy

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Hi guys my first post so go gently please!

Have just replaced the washer pump on my 03 1.6 Picasso.

But I have another issue which I have beentold can be one of two things.

When I release my tailgate (squeeze under the handle) it feels like I can feel the mech working but it doesnt release - so you have to give the boot a yank upwards.

I have been told that it could be one of two parts - which two wasnt elaborated on.
Help please - is it me or are these cars pretty easy to work on?

#2 Innis

Innis

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

Try this

http://www.citroenpi...ase#entry154354
'54 Arctic Silver 1.6 HDI Exclusive - VIP pack

#3 chuffer

chuffer

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:58 PM

2006 Xsara 1.6tdi Boot won't open, here is the story.

Front windscreen was chipped and replaced. After that, the dash said economy mode, and' low battery' red light came on, but started, went ok and seemed to settle down.

Does that mean the windscreen replacement man disconnected the battery, and what implications might that have?

The radio works ok.

Couple of days later, central locking was apparently working on zapper, but found the car unexpectedly unlocked.

About a week now after the windscreen replacement, boot wouldn't open and door locks double click ( lock and unlock?) leaving the car unlocked.

The thing you press in the boot handle to open it doesn't seem to have any 'give' or movement in it.

Is this a computer problem, a wiring or switch problem, or a mechanical problem?

Where to start? Any clues from the many motorists who have from suffered from stuck boots?

#4 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,522 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:48 PM

Doubt that the windscreen man disconnected the battery. He left the door or doors open, and the interior lights would have been on. Then after 20 to 30 mins the economy mode cut in as it was meant to do. As to how to fix the issue. The door locks locking then opening is due to the boot lock not being fully latched. You should be able to open the boot with s small screwdriver, the handbook will tell you how. If you don't have a handbook look on the web.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#5 chuffer

chuffer

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:16 PM

Thankyou stimulator for your analysis. Your economy mode cause seems probable. I gather the operation of the boot lock is a computer sub-routine of the central locking system? Something has disturbed the flow of current, and sub-routines do tend to be weak points.

I rang the well-known company that replaced the screen, described the problem, and, they, very helpfully, will send a man round tomorrow to "fix it". I didn't expect that, very impressive, so rather than speculate, we can await what tomorrow may bring. Hopefully it won't involve wriggling round inside the boot.

To be continued.

#6 chuffer

chuffer

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:30 PM

A cheerful man in a van turned up, with no idea about what needed doing, so a different man in a van with a diagnostic thing should appear tomorrow.

#7 chuffer

chuffer

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:51 PM

And he did. Stimulator had it right. After running a diagnostic check, and puzzlement all round, the man gave the boot lid a good tug, the back wheels almost came off the ground. And so he fixed it. The boot lock had somehow jammed up, neither open nor closed. A brilliant bit of remedial engineering, and, I found where the little round hole is in the boot lock. Rain has stopped and the sun has come out.

#8 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,522 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:31 AM

Glad it is fixed.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP