#1 pickled magpie

pickled magpie

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi all
i now have my xsara picasso i picke her up yesterday. i suppose like all second hand cars there will be a few glitches until i have her as i want her.
one thing i have noticed is that ehen i turn the fan control knob the fan does not work on position 1, 2, or 3 but operates on position 4 fine any one had this problem and any ideas on how to fix/ change /repair/ remove the switch
regards dave

#2 mcdig

mcdig

Med Blue HDI owners club

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3805 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

It is usually the heater resistor that has gone.
Have a read of our FAQ section taking note of post numbers 26, 32 and 59.
http://www.citroenpi...qs/page__st__20

Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

#3 alex01

alex01

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Sorry to piggyback on this thread but am unable to start one myself.

i have a xsara picasso 1.6 lx 2006/7 which as blown 2 heater resistors in as many years. i know this topic has been covered well by others with advice which i have used about changing the unit. what i would like to know is if my xsara may have an underlying problem causing the unit to blow often.

also at over £20 per pop i'm also looking at trying to repair myself by replacing thermal fuse (also covered well here) but wondered if these fuses would be correct for the job: http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468294

I'd be grateful for any advice or input from any forum members.

thanks in advance.

#4 chili1496

chili1496

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Sorry to piggyback on this thread but am unable to start one myself.

i have a xsara picasso 1.6 lx 2006/7 which as blown 2 heater resistors in as many years. i know this topic has been covered well by others with advice which i have used about changing the unit. what i would like to know is if my xsara may have an underlying problem causing the unit to blow often.

also at over £20 per pop i'm also looking at trying to repair myself by replacing thermal fuse (also covered well here) but wondered if these fuses would be correct for the job: http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468294

I'd be grateful for any advice or input from any forum members.

thanks in advance.

just curious did you ever buy and try these fuses?

#5 rawthey

rawthey

1.8 HDI SX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Check the pollen filter. If that's clogged up there'll be less air flow through the fan and the resistor can overheat.

Mike
Xsara Picasso (58) 1.6i 16V Desire, Iron Grey

#6 alex01

alex01

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

just curious did you ever buy and try these fuses?

I've ordered http://www.amazon.co...ils_o02_s00_i00 and awaiting delivery (slightly higher rating), i'm aiming to fit to my old unit then fit back in car and test, when i do i'll post back.

Check the pollen filter. If that's clogged up there'll be less air flow through the fan and the resistor can overheat.

thanks, that makes sense, i'll take a look at that.

#7 chili1496

chili1496

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

thats a good price, maplin want 82p for 1 :(

are you going to solder the fuse back in place or do you have another method in mind of attaching the fuse to the part?

good luck let me know how you get on please.

#8 chili1496

chili1496

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

ordered the same fuses got mine today from china order placed on 16th, pretty good delivery almost better than the uk postal service :)