2 replies to this topic

#1 dunford@cleaford.co.uk

dunford@cleaford.co.uk

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:47 PM

I have a 2001 HDi. Yesterday found that neither heater fan nor air con controls would work.
I've checked all obvious fuses and stripped dashboard down to ensure cables firmly plugged. Rear Window heater, controlled from same panel is working.
I've disconnected and reconnected battery to reboot.
An apparently similar previous topic from 2008 doesn't open so please forgive new post.

Suggestion gratefully received, as this car is prone to misting up in autumn without a.c. and fan.

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, woder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7629 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

This points to a heater fan problem. The aircon can not run if the interior fan is not running, as the evaporator inside the cars heater/aircon box will freeze up. Similarly the cars rad fan will run when the aircon is running.

the usual suspect for the interiro fan is the fan resistor pack in the heater duct, see the FAQs in the tech section MK1 & 2 for this info. OR your ignition barrell contacts ahve burnt out. For some reason Citroen decided to pass all the current through the contacts and these burn out or even weld themselves made and damage the ign parell, search for poarrel contacts or similar.
62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS

#3 dobo

dobo

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

I have a 2001 HDi. Yesterday found that neither heater fan nor air con controls would work.
I've checked all obvious fuses and stripped dashboard down to ensure cables firmly plugged. Rear Window heater, controlled from same panel is working.
I've disconnected and reconnected battery to reboot.
An apparently similar previous topic from 2008 doesn't open so please forgive new post.

Suggestion gratefully received, as this car is prone to misting up in autumn without a.c. and fan.

that is avery good answer (The ignition barrel) I had a word with my local citroen dealer who said that this was a common fault, however he said there was another fault connected to the ignition with aircon, he gave me a number of an auto electrician in darlington who came to the house, fitted the part and all at a cost of £15, greatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt service mant thanks to the lad in parts dept as many a person would have said he will order the part then charge me a fortune