#1 Jon_Mel_Logan

Jon_Mel_Logan

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:49 PM

Hi All,

Had our Picasso for over 2 years now and loving it, no major faults except our Heater/Air Con only works on the fan setting number 4, now according to posts I have read it is the Blower Motor which is faulty, so I have bought the new part but... I cannot find the Blower motor! I am finding the Haynes manual useless, and so far none of the forums have been able to help.

The Picasso is a 04 Plate, 2.0 HDI, Desire and I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right driection, or if anyone knows a good garage in the Rotherham/Sheffield area that could help with this.

Thanks in Advance

Jon

#2 Alan_C

Alan_C

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:35 PM

It is behind the central console - I believe the orientation varies depending whether you have a climate control system or a normal heater. In my case (2.0HDi SX) the blower motor was best got at from the passenger side, by removing the glove box.

However, if the blower only works on full I think you'll find the fault is either in the ignition switch or in the resistor pack. You should check this site for details of the symptoms, it is something that's been discussed quite often. The resistor pack is either in the air ducting or inside the motor, and in most cases (?) is on the driver's side. There are some pictures on the site showing where to find it, and how it can be repaired for a few pence.

So I suggest you search for "heater blower resistor" and read up some more.

I hope this helps - I'm not trying to be unhelpful, but you might as well do the looking rather than me searching and posting a link for you.

#3 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7873 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:16 AM

http://www.citroenpi...opic=8846&st=40

Scroll down to post #32 (half way down the page.
62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS

#4 Jon_Mel_Logan

Jon_Mel_Logan

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for the responses.

It looks like I have already purchased the right replacement part, Citroen heater blower fan resistor. It just looks like I have been looking in the wrong location! So much for the Haynes Manual!!

#5 ChrisEvans

ChrisEvans

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

Not strictly related as my heater motor works fine! I do however have a problem with the heat that my one produces... Basically the car takes a good 20 minutes to warm up and even then it's not very hot. Not been a problem until recently but in this cold weather, it's barely keeping the car warm when on full heat. Any suggestions to fix this?

#6 pilot

pilot

1.6Hdi 2005 Exclusive Silver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Flying and drinking red wine. ( Not at the same time since I spilt a glass)
    Now driving 2013 Peugeot 2008 Allure EGS 1.6Hdi.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:57 AM

Faulty thermostat? or cables to heater plenum flap not operating

Edited by pilot, 29 November 2011 - 07:59 AM.

Posted Image

#7 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7873 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:51 AM

Try bleeding the heater lines, valve on pipes as they go through bulkhead in front of passenger seat.
62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS

#8 ChrisEvans

ChrisEvans

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

Thanks! I'll have a look at the weekend and see if that works.

#9 cris1117

cris1117

1.6hi 110 (2007) X-Picasso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

Hi.
Try removing the pollen filter if the above doesn’t work, if it‘s blocked it will impede the air output.