11 replies to this topic

#1 degsysn51

degsysn51

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

Having trouble trying to replace the blown brake light on my Pic.Have had a look at faq's but can't locate the lug mentioned.Does this release the whole of the light unit for ease of replacement?

#2 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,618 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

look inside the boot., behind the lights there are small acess panels in the liner. Open the required one. The release lug is as I recall at the top. Press it down. The light comes out the rear of the car. There is a locator at the bottom make sure that is in place when inserted back in.

note the relaese may be at the bottom if so the locator is at the top, hope this helps.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#3 few cloudy

few cloudy

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

I did this last week. I used a long screwdriver to lever the lug up (the bottom one). Easy to see what you need to do with a torch, and you looking from inside the boot. The whole unit then comes out. Once it is out you squeeze the two clips on each side of the light board to take the light board out of the unit to allow you to change a bulb. The handbook explained it all well.

Once you change the bulb, the light board clips back into the main unit which in turn goes back in situ with a wee push. Very easy to do and much easier than I made it sound.

fc

#4 tfg

tfg

2.0 Hdi Exclusive 2004

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:travel

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

having a bit of trouble here, i can remove the access to the lamps but it seems very small, now you are supposed to release the lamp unit by pressing the retaining spring, the spring seems very stiff and am afraid of breaking it , is there a simple method to this or do i just start levering away with a screwdriver

#5 stimulator

stimulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

Look in the hole and place a screw driver flat blade on it. Push down on the top one, OR up on the bottom one, light will pop out.
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#6 degsysn51

degsysn51

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:23 PM

Thanks gentlemen,finally stopped raining and I was able to sort it with the advice you provided.

#7 Guest_chillycot_*

Guest_chillycot_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:05 PM

Read your post with interest .
I've just replaced a tail/stop light bulb having googled how to do this.

I noted it is a dual filament and can only be fitted one way - so it should be correctly fitted. Since fitting I have had horrendous problems with the driver's side rear light cluster as a whole. when I indicate right it seems that every bulb in the cluster lights up to some degree (and flashes).
Along with the flasher either the stop light and/or rear light flash simultaneously. If I right hand indicate whilst braking the flasher operates at twice the speed!

I joined the Citroen Xsara forum - and got good advice - most likely to be a bad earth - so will be checking for any bad connections tomorrow. If all else fails have been advised to fit an earth cable from the cluster to a good earth point.

Thought this might be useful to anyone who may encounter same problem. Incidentally, although I am registered on the forum I see a text box which says "You are not able to post new topic" - can anyone advise what I need to do?
Many thanks

#8 mcdig

mcdig

Med Blue HDI owners club

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:09 PM

Incidentally, although I am registered on the forum I see a text box which says "You are not able to post new topic" - can anyone advise what I need to do?
Many thanks

Yup, have a read of this, it explains the reasons behind you not being able to post a new topic yet.
http://www.citroenpi...ic=17012&st=620

it says the following if you do not want to click the link.
Hello and welcome to the largest online owners forum for the Picasso cheers.gif Please take some time to introduce yourself, where you live and about your car biggrin.gif

* New members please note *

You must make 5 posts before you can start threads of your own, this is to deter Spammers, this forum has been running for a number of years so there's a good chance whatever questions you have has already been asked previously. We suggest you click on the 'Search' button (above right) then perform a search using your question as a Keyword (i.e. if you want info on replacing your cambelt, use cambelt as your keyword), ask your question in an existing thread if you cannot find the answer. Once you've made 5 posts you'll automatically be authorised to create new threads.

Another source of information is the FAQ's in the Technical Section.

*** If your reply immediately follows the post you are replying to then please don't quote that post (there's no need we know who you're replying to) this cuts down on the amount of pages and pages load quicker for you ***

Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

#9 TinaB

TinaB

2.0 Hdi SX 51 reg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

Hi Folks
I just wanted to add a huge Thank You for the clear guide on replacing the lights ... £26 at garage to replace them last time. Did NOT want to pay that again so i bit the bullet and £6 later (got a spare set too) all fixed and well.

If i can do it, anyone can !

On a different note this is the 3rd set in a year .. should i be worrying or has it been "duff" bulbs so far ?

Thanks again

Tina
Keep smiling .. if nothing else it will make the *@**@rds wonder what it is you know, that they don't !

#10 Guest_tamwha_*

Guest_tamwha_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Tks so much for the help on replacing the rear back light. the bloke at a garage refused point blank to put it in, his words "took me over an hour to replace the light back on one i did, so now i refuse to fit um". so there was me thinking omg mission! im not tecnical or know anything about cars so i landed on here to find out how. all i did was pull the falp away and moved the wires so i could see the bottom clip (lug). i got a flat headed screwdiver and popped the clip upwards and the whole unit popped out. now for the hardest part (according the the man at the garage) slip and pop, in!? humm have i done something wrong took me a whole 4 seconds! tks CPOC!

PS we have the exculsive :)

Edited by tamwha, 17 April 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#11 spnoe

spnoe

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:17 PM

Has anyone replaced the third break light, above the best rear screen. I have the part to replace it but am not sure how to take the plastic cover off. I do not want to break the lugs etc.

Edited by spnoe, 19 June 2019 - 01:18 PM.

#12 stimulator

stimulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:51 AM

Inside the rest hatch at the top you should see two plastic plugs, mine are black. Remove these and insert a Philips screwdriver . It should engage with the fixing, just push the unit will come out.