9 replies to this topic

#1 iamian

iamian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

Got my insurance renewal. Oh yes!

Despite absolutely no changes or extenuating circumstances whatsoever the renewal is a cool 83% higher than last year's premium.

Went on some price comparison websites and for as near as possible the same cover with lower excess I can get it 6% less than last year.

My current insurer, online is within pennies of the same quote but with a higher excess.

It really galls me that insurance companies will cynically exploit existing customers - often applying automatic renewal to a credit card - to entrap the unwary or lazy.

Naturally I have not chosen the loyalty option this year (again!)

I'd rather be boating

#2 davfrost

davfrost

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:25 AM

Churchill did the same to me, they suddenly decided that they wanted to put it up to over £900 per year.

Got it through Endsleigh insurance for less than half that amount and cheaper than what I was paying a month anyway!

#3 gregers

gregers

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:family,golf,and the ford galaxy site lol

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

morethen done this to me a couple of years ago,i got 2 cheaper more then quotes from comparison websites,phoned them up and they wouldnt PRICE MATCH wtf. :bhead:its all a con.
hence im no longer with them,went to privilege,just renewed again with them for this year aswell.

galaxy forum moderator.

ford smax titianium 08 convers+ dash half leather etc.lurvly SOLD
lexus is200 navigator,oooh nice car but gave me a bloody bad back.so also now sold
ford galaxy 03 tdi ghia(proper mpv)with the same ammount of problems as your cars.now sold

also driving a 63 reg vw tiguan bluemotion,wow wot a mota.WAS.

GONE TO THE DARK SIDE,

vwt28 64 reg full camper conversion with poptop oh the fun.

#4 kwakbiker

kwakbiker

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

Just had the joy of this, was with AA(had free breakdown etc last year and were pretty cheap as well) and opened the renewal to find it £200 more than last year, no change on stuff, did the old site surfing, everyone dearer, phoned some as well, same reply....its all gone up sir, in the end 'settled' for £130 more.......not happy, now paying more for the pic than I was on my previous octavia 4x4 which was gropus higher:wacko:

#5 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts
  • Interests:Digital Photography (Wish I had more time to learn all the tricks), Home Computing, Family stuff really i.e. eating out, holidays abroad, etc.........

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

I blame this claim culture we're in nowadays, even the slightest rear end shunt involves a personal injury claim which is an average of £2,000 + expenses someone has to pay for this - US!
2010 (10) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Grey 5dr
2011 (61) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Black 5dr
joeblunt@hotmail.com

#6 pixan

pixan

1.6Hdi (57) Desire 2 Grey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

Joe, is it possible that we could invite some insurers onto this site with a view to offering members a half decent insurance deal?

We're the nearest thing to a dedicated Citroen club anywhere, and better in most respects, and with the exception of the original official Citroen club that is a paid-up membership only club, we could provide a very good chachement for the insurers don't you think? There would have to be a small commission for the club of course to cover immediate costs.

Maybe this suggestion is history, so forgive me if it's been raised before.

Looks like I've been fortunate this year, as my renewal has only gone up by £70 for exactly the same cover. :(

Edited by pixan, 25 August 2010 - 03:19 PM.

#7 Lancelot

Lancelot

Lancelot the Beak now with a Kia Venga petrol Auto Type 3.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • Interests:Computing. Grand Prix Motor Racing, Holidays in Western Australia each year, for 3 months.
    Red wine and Whisky, more Red Wine & Whisky.

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:32 PM

A good idae pixan. what's in it for the insurance company? Well, they get people who have an interest in their car and driving it safely.
More so, probably, than the average man in the street, although today I saw a C4 Pic at a roundabout with the side caved in and it looked like the driver had failed to give way at a roundabout.
The retired Beak with a 2ltr Petrol, Exclusive, Automatic, Picasso.
Arctic Steel - of course!

#8 rodh

rodh

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:54 AM

This happens every year. I am not a fan of any and all insurance companies, legally required parasites in my opinion. I was always loyal in decades past thinking I would have good service in the event of a claim but I was completely wrong. I shop around every year now and only stay with the same insurer if they will meet or almost meet my best quote for comparable cover. My van insurance quote doubled for no reason this year, so I sold it and use the Pic. Bike insurance rose by about 40%. They reduced it as soon as I phoned up. They rely on the inertia of the customer and many will just pay up and sigh especially if it's on the same card for payment or direct debit. Yuk!

#9 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

My son who had his accident two years ago has just been invited by a well advertise claims company to commit fraud, they dangled a carrot of between £2,000 & £4,000 if he submitted a claim for both whiplash and back injury, when he told them he had no injuries after the accident they told him not to worry about that, they have their own doctors to help the claim and as it was two years ago it was unlikely to be questioned anyway. And we wonder, with scams like this, why our premiums are shooting through the ceiling, these claims companies want shutting down immediately. After giving him a talking to, and he was tempted, he is telling them to get stuffed, otherwise he would be a party to fraud.

Edited by granpa, 18 March 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#10 Border_Collie

Border_Collie

2.0 Hdi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

My insurance has increased this year, 3p per week, guess I cant complain. :D