6 replies to this topic

#1 jocijo

jocijo

2.0Hdi C4 Pic (09) / 1.6Hdi XPic (08)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:34 PM

I've got an (almost) 2 month old C4 2.0HDI EGS Exclusive. All has been well with the car for the last 2 months, however today when I drove the car everytime I accelerated from a standstill 3 beeps sounded.

It sounds as though the beeps are coming from the back of the car.
There are no displays on the dash (or any of the menus...well that I've been able to find anyway!).
The beeps sound both if I drive the car manually or in auto.
With the exception of the beeps, the car drives fine.

Any ideas anyone?
C4 Picasso 2.0HDI EGS Exclusive in Nocciola

#2 jezham

jezham

Citroen Picasso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:45 PM

Sounds like <ahem> a parking sensor malfunction perhaps? Maybe some water or dirt effecting it. As the car is new then you should show the dealer an example! For sure someone out there will have the 'all powerful' battery trick in mind, but not for such a new car!
ex drives

#3 Fernando

Fernando

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:25 AM

I've got an (almost) 2 month old C4 2.0HDI EGS Exclusive. All has been well with the car for the last 2 months, however today when I drove the car everytime I accelerated from a standstill 3 beeps sounded.

It sounds as though the beeps are coming from the back of the car.
There are no displays on the dash (or any of the menus...well that I've been able to find anyway!).
The beeps sound both if I drive the car manually or in auto.
With the exception of the beeps, the car drives fine.

Any ideas anyone?

#4 Fernando

Fernando

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:29 AM

Hi, the noise you describe sounds as if it could be the rear suspension raising & lowering function audible warning. If you follow the procedure in the handbook to initialise the system all should be OK. I suffered from the same problem until I mastered how the system works.

#5 casanostra

casanostra

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:32 AM

Just guessing: It could also be the speed alert going off? I had it activated for a short while when my pic was new - you set a maximum speed and when that is exceeded it beeps three times. It is incredibly annoying. It can be deactivated from the computer.

- casanostra

#6 Martin Bucks

Martin Bucks

1.8 Exclusive (51 reg)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:36 AM

Another thought...my C3 used to do 3 beeps if the handbrake was not fully released . Could be that or a sensor that thinks it's not!

#7 jocijo

jocijo

2.0Hdi C4 Pic (09) / 1.6Hdi XPic (08)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

Thanks to everyone who has provided their suggestions - I now know the answer, but this did baffle the Citroen engineers for a while.

Following a phone call with the technicians, who informed me that the new Citroens don't do 3 beeps and if they did do anything it would also have an error on the display, I took the technician for a ride around to hear the noice and see the lack of error message for himself.

After much testing of all sorts (parking sensors, battery, menu 'stuff', overspeed, seat belts, door locks, etc., etc.), we got to the pneumatic suspension.

The suspension was working fine, up, down no problems but the beep to say it was set at its highest or lowest setting was the same as the 3 beeps I'd been receiving - the car was duly taken away for investigation...

...AND THE END RESULT...

one of the seals was loose and water had gotten into the switch for the suspension sensor.

Promptly dried out and the seal re-sealed, all now lovely and quiet again.

Just thought you might want to know incase anybody else is suffering!
C4 Picasso 2.0HDI EGS Exclusive in Nocciola