• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Barrowboybill

Barrowboybill

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Antiques & Collectables, Touring around in Motorhome, Owning & Flying light aircraft.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:20 PM

We do the odd trade show and after using a merc van with a cooker in the back alongside the stock and kipping in a tent, we bought a 6 berth Lunar, based on a Fiat Ducato chassis, large 2.8 td engine that gets it along swiftly even when trailers on the back, large water tanks, lovely rear lounge area, its 10 years old so depreciations been done, and only 42K from new.

As mentioned its a pain on site if your miles from anywhere, so a small tow car is on the cards for when we do Lake District and Scotland touring, not everyones cup of tea...admittedly...never thought I would enjoy owning one, but its great fun.
  • PuptBoopSmipt likes this
Bye Bye Xsara Picasso's......Hello 2 off 1600hdi EGS so its VTR+ for me and Exclusive for her ladyship.

#22 Grandad

Grandad

2.0 HDI SX, in Silver to match her hair.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Interests:Travel, building web sites, photography, inventing.

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:11 PM

Two weeks to delivery. :)

Quiet here her isn't it? Has everyone else gone camping? :o

#23 paul gee

paul gee

1.8 Petrol Xsara Picasso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:cars<br /><br />the countryside

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:48 PM

it may be quiet because a lot of us appear to be having problems acessing the site!

#24 Grandad

Grandad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:17 AM

it may be quiet because a lot of us appear to be having problems acessing the site!

I expect that Joe or one of our other Mods will let us know what is happening soon. :D

PS. I have resized your avatar for you, use it if you wish to. Attached File  Doc.jpg   2.96KB   0 downloads

#25 Grandad

Grandad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:13 AM

Attached File  VWCaravellExeFPN1.jpg   79.76KB   2 downloads

Well, it arrived and I am still finding out where everything is and how it all works. It's been seven years since I bought the Pic so it's taking a bit of getting used to the Caravelle.

We took it on it's first picnic to one of our favourite spots on Exmoor yesterday. We even managed to pass a tractor and trailer on a narrow road.

I have started modifying the inside already, boy those centre seats weigh a ton compared to the rear Pic ones.

#26 Teacherpete2

Teacherpete2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:58 PM

...and after that it will be a pop-up/tall top so you can stand up in it!Posted Image Looks nice - enjoy.Posted Image
Growing old is compulsory; growing up isn't!
If you're not part of the solution...
...you're part of the precipitate!

#27 Grandad

Grandad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

Well, the Caravelle is a year old, still going strong and putting a smile on our faces.

As no service reminder is showing on the dashboard, I contacted Volkswagen servicing and was told that, with my low mileage, a service will not be needed until two years have elapsed.

Apparantly, with VW, long period servicing is the norm.

I have just fitted a Halfords reversing camera (took it off the back of the Picasso). I had to get a bit inventive with extending the aerial.

#28 Dan Gleebitz

Dan Gleebitz

2.0 HDi SX in Sahara Gold

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

Well.... after berating them almost as much as a towed shed ... we now have ours and thoroughly enjoying having a mile of traffic behind us....

Its a home from home ... TV, DVD, Central Heating, Electric and gas cooker, Microwave, Fridge, H&C water, Awning, Flush Toilet, King size bed .......

Attached Files

#29 Grandad

Grandad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

Wow, you could get mine inside there. Your house must have a large drive. It sounds great, been camping with it yet.

Looks like you have a similar attitude to me, "you can't take it with you".

#30 Dan Gleebitz

Dan Gleebitz

2.0 HDi SX in Sahara Gold

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

Yup .... no point in leaving it to the tax man and the wife's illness changed my priorities ..hope to hear in the next few days whether my application to take early release has been accepted and I can cream off my Civil Service Gold Plated, Index Linked, Final Salary Pension...... that I have paid in for!