#21 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

2.0 Hdi Exclusive Silver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts
  • Interests:fishing, motorbikes, garden, my dog

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:01 PM

ive noticed it in last two months its not the price of the fuel because i fill the tank each time once a month
i
  • Aovarlomalo and Mathewsat like this

#22 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

2.0 Hdi Exclusive Silver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:06 PM

Hello ROB,

im keeping it to a steady 100 on motorways in third and 125 on the twisty bits :lol: :lol:
i fill the tank right up each time , my brother, have also remarked on this and he has keep a strict record of his fuel for his job and company car

Edited by whatsinaname, 15 June 2009 - 07:06 PM.

#23 Mucker

Mucker

2.0 Auto 2004 Exclusive (petrol)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

Have you maybe changed the garage you use, I have read threads before that suggest some fuels are better than others ie supermarket fuel has more water content that say Shell so is less efficient..done know if thats true but worth a thought..

Cheers
Mucker
Mucker 2004 2.0 (petrol) auto Exclusive..lovely motor, 1979 Hondamatic cb 400, 2004 Royal Enfield 500 Bullet, 2 push bikes, wife, 2 kids, 2 grandkids and no money.

#24 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

2.0 Hdi Exclusive Silver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:35 PM

HI no i have not changed garage use esso because its nearest garage to me dont remember useing any other garage for fuel this year

#25 SPUD

SPUD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts
  • Interests:My interests are becoming more refined as I mature....but I still can't spell......... just to keep you happy ! x

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:37 PM

is this connected to your coolant message ?.. is the engine management pushing too much fuel down and not burning it properly ?

Kinky is using a feather.......... Perverted is using the whole chicken.

#26 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

2.0 Hdi Exclusive Silver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:40 PM

NO Spud nothing like that,,im sure its nothing to do with coolant message ,that may be a sensor some where, cars running very well it wouldnt if it was over fueling ,im beginning to think its something in the diesel im buying,it very odd to say the least, had the pic about four or five years now

#27 Border_Collie

Border_Collie

2.0 Hdi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

im beginning to think its something in the diesel im buying

Could have been a 'bad' tanker full. Remember the Tesco stuff that stuffed Vauxhalls?

Pop to Halfords and get some Millers Diesel Additive, first time use double dose, as recommended, then back to single dosage.

It's the 'Biz', you have to use it to feel and see the difference. :D

#28 Lancelot

Lancelot

Lancelot the Beak now with a Kia Venga petrol Auto Type 3.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,705 posts
  • Interests:Computing. Grand Prix Motor Racing, Holidays in Western Australia each year, for 3 months.
    Red wine and Whisky, more Red Wine & Whisky.

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

NO Spud nothing like that,,im sure its nothing to do with coolant message ,that may be a sensor some where, cars running very well it wouldnt if it was over fueling ,im beginning to think its something in the diesel im buying,it very odd to say the least, had the pic about four or five years now

Do Esso add any Bio fuel to the mix? I'd steer clear of that rubbish.
The retired Beak with a 2ltr Petrol, Exclusive, Automatic, Picasso.
Arctic Steel - of course!

#29 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

2.0 Hdi Exclusive Silver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:56 PM

Ive been useing ESSO diesel since i lived in this area, next nearest is a total garage,but its a bit out my way
and an awkward place to get in and out of

Edited by whatsinaname, 15 June 2009 - 09:56 PM.

#30 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,619 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:26 AM

Get your coolant problem sorted out first.

the diesel engine ECU uses the temp sensors to change the fuel mapping when the car is cold etc. According to your message under coolant thread yours is up and down like a fiddler's elbow. Your ECU could be suffering from brain overload from too many different inputs.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#31 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:19 PM

Retured from a week in Norfolk, 400 miles total with 150 miles of motorway travel, according to computer returned 58.8 mpg, still 2 bars left on gauge, I'm happy with that. 2.0 SX 52 plate.

Edited by granpa, 17 August 2009 - 05:20 PM.

#32 keith green

keith green

2.0 Hdi LX 53 reg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:29 PM

On a run always get more than 56mpg and towing 1100kg caravan from Eastbourne to New Romney along the A259 with plenty of hills got 37,this is on a 53 plate lx 2.0 HDI 95000 miles. :rolleyes:

#33 sh1troendriver

sh1troendriver

2.0 Hdi 2005

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:29 PM

I get 55 to the gallon from wales to South Devon, and stuck in traffic so I am very happy with consumption of old slutty, 05 2.0 hdi, she may have a few problems but she is a good old girl.

She doesn`t like short runs though I will only get 44 to the gallon, which I believe this is normal, too many stop starts.

Edited by sh1troendriver, 22 August 2009 - 12:30 PM.

#34 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts
  • Interests:Digital Photography (Wish I had more time to learn all the tricks), Home Computing, Family stuff really i.e. eating out, holidays abroad, etc.........

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:30 PM

53 plate lx 2.0 HDI 95000 miles

I'd think about renewing your cambelt if its not already been done B)
2010 (10) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Grey 5dr
2011 (61) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Black 5dr
joeblunt@hotmail.com

#35 Guest_picassomanuk_*

Guest_picassomanuk_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:28 PM

Hello
Last week I bought an 05 Picasso 2.0 HDI (11000 miles) and being my first Pic I am very pleased with it but am a bit concerned about the fuel consumption.
My last car was a 1.9 Octavia GLX estate and my average with it was about 54mpg and it was also 90 bhp but seemed a bit zippier overall. Over the past week the Pic only seems to be giving me an average of 44.1mpg and to my mind seems a bit sluggish compared to my old Octavia with 93000 miles on the clock. It has not yet been on a very long journey but once the towbar is fitted it will be pulling the caravan so I was wondering what anyone thought about these solo figures.
Thanks
Ivor

hi. I have a 2005 picasso desire 2.0 diesel 90 bhp with 80k on the clock. Its guttless and drink lots of diesel. I average about 36 mpg. I get nowhere near the amazing figures that some boast. Any ideas what might be wrong?

#36 Guest_picassomanuk_*

Guest_picassomanuk_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:33 PM

My 53 plate 2.0 HDI SX is averaging between 48-52mpg, with 70k on the clock. 60 mile round trip to/from work, 40 of which is 4 junctions on M6 northbound from J12, then the A5 or A500 dependent on direction! I'm pleased as I've come from a 3.3l Chrysler Grand Voyager that averaged 15-18mpg on the same run!

hi. I have a 2005 picasso desire 2.0 diesel 90 bhp with 80k on the clock. Its guttless and drinks lots of diesel. I average about 36 mpg. I get nowhere near the amazing figures that some boast. Any ideas what might be wrong?

#37 Guest_picassomanuk_*

Guest_picassomanuk_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:37 PM

ive noticed it in last two months its not the price of the fuel because i fill the tank each time once a month
i

hi. I have a 2005 Picasso desire 2.0 diesel 90 bhp with 80k on the clock. Its guttless and drinks lots of diesel. I average about 36 mpg. I get nowhere near the amazing figures that some boast. I've tried to fuel additive and it makes no difference either in performance of fuel consumption. The engine starts first time and runs like a dream but has no get up and go and is disappointingly uneconomical. Any ideas what might be wrong?

#38 Lapin12

Lapin12

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

hi. I have a 2005 Picasso desire 2.0 diesel 90 bhp with 80k on the clock. Its guttless and drinks lots of diesel. I average about 36 mpg. I get nowhere near the amazing figures that some boast. I've tried to fuel additive and it makes no difference either in performance of fuel consumption. The engine starts first time and runs like a dream but has no get up and go and is disappointingly uneconomical. Any ideas what might be wrong?

At this time of the year, with very cold weather, the engine takes a long time to warm up, which can cause the management system to chuck more fuel down the injectors than normal - try blanking a portion of the radiator (I have used thick plastic sheet, between the rad and a/c condenser) - keep your eye on the temp gauge to check you haven't overdone the blanking!

I had a Pug 807 a few years ago, basically the same engine - sluggish, poor fuel consumption, nothing like the great Cit Synergie it replaced. I suspect that the mileage was much higher than on the clock and that the Turbo was not doing much. I am sure that a technician can suggest a way of testing the Turbo. If you are anywhere near Rigbyes in Chorley, they are a genuine, well-run dealer who will give you an honest diagnosis.

#39 Guest_onthebuses_*

Guest_onthebuses_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

Strangely enough, I've noticed a similar problem with my 2.0 diesel Pic.
Before all this current cold weather kicked off I was getting (according to the computer) about 44 mpg. This is generally going back and forwards to work, mostly in traffic. Now I know this isn't as good as some, but at least it was consistant.
All of a sudden, just before Christmas, and for no apparent reason, I'm recording about 40 mpg. There's been no drop off in performance, and the car drives just the same as before.
I'm puzzled. Can any one come up with an answer?

#40 Guest_Picasso 53_*

Guest_Picasso 53_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:16 PM

Should I be concerned with 30 mpg then? As Joe says, different conditions give different results.

Rovi was getting 95% of the advertised 57 mpg in his Skoda. I'm assuming that this figure is over the life of the car. If he takes the 2.0 HDi and multiplies the advertised mpg (51.4) by 95% - you get 48.8 mpg. Add onto that the coldest week for about 3 years (minus eight up here) and you may find the reason.

Regarding performance, the pic has an iron block and 8 valves. My betting is the Skoda is alloy with 16 valves. Although the bhp is the same, engine pick up speed will be quicker.

Give it a few more weeks and see what happens.

G