Photo

Coolant Temperature Sensor

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#101 Guest_henpeck_*

Guest_henpeck_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

it keeps telling me to add water but it doesnot over heat and there is no loss in power whats ronge this is 2000cc deicel 2001 mod
  • expirursetuic, Aovarlomalo and Mathewsat like this

#102 Guest_teabay_*

Guest_teabay_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

got my sensor off ,had a problem with putting new one on ,the metal clip that holds it on has nothing to grip, the plastic is broke of that holds it in place ,would sealant hold the sensor in place if so what sort of sealant do i need .cheers

#103 ste_goffy

ste_goffy

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

cracking read up about this sensor, mine is in need of this looking at as its brought up the fault code.

#104 Guest_marcopolo_*

Guest_marcopolo_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

hi not sure if i have same problem but when i drive short distance my xsara picasso 1.6 2007 model is fine when
i drive to work, but if I need to drive say 15 2o mins and stop the car it wont start agin until the engine cools
but it is not showing on the dash controls as over heating - also you can push start it.

It feels very warm inside the engine and if i open the bonnet it cools the engine quicker and will then start up.

#105 spain

spain

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

Just a big thank you to all those who posted information on how to change the coolant sensor. I have been having this problem on my 02 plate for about two months now. In the beginning the tempt alarm would go of just now-and-again, then got more regular over time, till the point where all I had to do was turn the engine over and it would be making a racket. Went to my local dealer who happly took £26 of me, this sensor part seems to have gone up more then 100%, reading back through threads. Anyway, took it for a long test drive through the countryside and sat in rush how traffic to really test it, and it work perfectly. The tempt gauge has been very erratic,as you can imagine, it is now rock solid. So once again to those who posted relevant information, thank you.

Edited by spain, 22 May 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#106 Guest_PicassoVic_*

Guest_PicassoVic_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

Hiya Everyone.

I am looking for some help with the coolant sensor. I have a 2000 1.6lx Picasso. 91k we're her 3rd owners. Was out for a normal drive and from no where the car started screaming "Stop Engine temp" Got out and the fan wasn't on. Came home and replaced the fan. Checked the old one and its working fine but Its now on pretty much constant :-(

Put it on a diagnostic got code P0115, so Changed the front coolant sensor and thermostat. No luck so we replace the coolant sensor round the side, no luck (should add upon removal the side sensor had no resistance), Got it on a launch pack, It flagged up 2 codes - Relay and coolant sensor. So we ordered the relay, Fitted it No joy. Removed and checked EVERY fuse and relay from the car to check them and they are all fine.

Have disconnected the battery, cleared the codes with the Launch pack, Removed the shunt fuse for 15 mins Nothing!

Has anyone got any further ideas? The minute we put the key in the ignition the fan kicks in and the car starts screaming "Engine Temp Stop" even when the car is stone cold. Water is circulating in the engine, the fans on so no overheating issues at all, Heaters are blowing hot and shes driving really well as normal!

I really don't want to give up on her but auto electricians are quoting a fair bit just to look at her :-(

Any advice greatly appreciated x

#107 Guest_PicassoVic_*

Guest_PicassoVic_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Ok so a wee bit more info... I was out driving her and I stalled.... for about 5 secondsa afterwards the temp gauge etc was all normal... reading 2 notches... no warning! This makes me think its not too serious... something stupid that I've missed! Any help?

#108 hilltramp

hilltramp

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

Hi new to this but have 1600 petrol with a/c got overheating with warning , know about sensor and fan switch fitted to earlier 1600's have shorted out switch to give me fan all the time but am hesitating about buying new sensor as so many people seem to change them with no effect. How can I test the sensor? A resistor is mentioned above, how does this affect the fan if faulty.

#109 thebiglad

thebiglad

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Land Rovers and travelling.

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

2003 Citroen Picasso 2.0ltr Hdi:

Hi all my temp sensor seems to be up the spout, can anyone tell me the part number I need and how do I get the old one out and the new one it - as it looks like it has a metal or plastic clip affair, to hold it in place, rather than just screwing it in????

Cheers
Dave

#110 Keith1963

Keith1963

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

I have just this weekend had the sensor fail an the fans kick in on my 51 plated 2.0 HDI, here's the video,

http://i1134.photobu...zpsd4da2e32.mp4

So after collecting the new sensor from my local motor factors,

080193D6-9A48-4166-9F3B-EC70F34810D8-946

I set about removing the old one pictured here its on the right side of the engine as you look at it from the front and is green in colour,

5F416F9D-C378-4461-8E2C-AD6901FCAADC-946

Firstly disconnect the maf meter and loosen the screws and jubilee clips securing the air filter box and maf,

B56781F9-CEA0-4300-9188-480DCDF56414-946

This is the sensor, it's a push fit and is secured in place by a circlip that you can just see,

DE4D211D-708B-4D2B-A543-4ACCD0939C2B-946

Old sensor and circlip, don't lose this,

D40E3B33-95B0-412A-94BC-3A959BBB12F9-946

New sensor connected, the white plug is for the maf meter,

E98E8B7B-82AD-458F-8997-BAA143A4316C-946

Push the sensor home and firmly press back into place the circlip making sure it engages in the ridge on the sensor, top up your expansion tank and run engine topping up if necessary, don't forget to bleed the air from the system using the little blue bleed screw on the thermostat. Total time less photos 20 minutes, tools needed 1 x Philips screwdriver, 1 x medium flathead screwdriver for removing circlip.

#111 PimpedOutPurplePicasso

PimpedOutPurplePicasso

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Hey all!

Thanks so much to everyone posting on here, I have the same problem 2001 1.6 Xsara Picasso - Going to replace it from ebay there is one for 

£12.99 - Loads available and others are

£27.00 - There abouts

I am going to try the cheaper one and see if if it does the trick, will let you know my results. May even take some pictures!

Cheers!

#112 sammy4811

sammy4811

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

can anyone please help im new to this website. I cant turn the temperature up or down on my heater my Picasso is 03 plate 2.0HDI, any ideas ?

#113 matts6381

matts6381

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

I think I have the same problem, The car temp stays at two bars then when I stop the car for a little bit or in traffic the bar suddenly will jump straight to the top then say over heating pull over, but soon as I set off again it drops down to 2 bars.

any help in what the problem may be?

cheers

53 plate 2001 picasso 1.6lx  

#114 matts6381

matts6381

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

it seems instead of sending the message to turn the fan on its telling the car its over heating.

#115 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,619 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

yes the coolant sensor temp probe as Lancelot has said.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#116 johnnylad123

johnnylad123

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

Hi, 2001 1.6 SX with Aircon suffering the dreaded Coolant Temp problem. Does anyone have the correct part number for the sensor (on the side of the engine block) please?? Cheers.

#117 johnnylad123

johnnylad123

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Further update! Problem was traced to the Black resistor in the Fan Cowling, this controls the low speed switching for the fan and it wasn't working hence temp alarm came up before fan kicked in on high speed. It took the Auto Electrician a total of 1.5 hours to trace including remove/refit the bumper costing me £54 and the princely sum of £19.15 for the part. I fitted it myself and sure enough problem solved, wish I had done this in the first place.

Lesson learnt.

#118 Alan D

Alan D

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Hi guys I have a 1.6 HDI 110 05 pic and the rad fan is coming on while car is switched off resulting in a flat battery, can anyone tell me where the fuse is for it as having to disconnect the battery, apologies if I have put this in the wrong place.

#119 yangpeng

yangpeng

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:32 AM

nike pas cher vans shoes mac makeup jordans coach outlet mac cosmetics jordan shoes michael kors outlet online nike air max iphone cases air max mont blanc pens replica watches air max 2017 ray ban sunglasses supra shoes celine handbags adidas outlet store mulberry handbags jordan 3 argentina world cup jersey stuart weitzman nike air max mac makeup swarovski jewelry ray ban lebron 11 nike air max plus nike free new balance pas cher beats headphones jordan 6 reebok shoes scarpe hogan karen millen germany world cup jersey michael kors outlet nike free adidas shoes furla adidas superstar flip flops sac burberry timberland sale jordan 12 montre adidas outlet store nike blazer skechers shoes nike tn nike free ralph lauren outlet ferragamo shoes jordan 1 nike huarache hogan shoes jordans polo ralph lauren converse all stars basketball shoes soccer shoes kobe 9 soccer jerseys christian louboutin ray ban sunglasses brazil world cup jersey longchamp outlet lunette oakley new balance nike blazer new balance adidas outlet store louboutin shoes sac longchamp nike shoes adidas slides tory burch herve leger dresses iphone 7 cases beats headphones links of london portugal world cup jersey sac michael kors polo ralph lauren marc jacobs handbags longchamp outlet fitflop uk oakley sunglasses lebron 12 iphone x case jordan xx9 tod's shoes reebok shoes ray ban occhiali longchamp pas cher sac michael kors nike air max michael kors bottega michael kors canada jordan 4

201804.20yangpeng

#120 yangpeng

yangpeng

18 HDI LX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:38 AM

nike free run hilfiger outlet adidas flip-flops polo ralph lauren ghd hair straighteners nike roshe run ed hardy timberland pas cher true religion jeans true religion jeans nike outlet store mizuno running shoes nike free run bottega veneta sac michael kors puma shoes oakley pas cher coach factory outlet ray ban pas cher michael kors nike huarache pandora jewelry versace handbags nike clothing nike air max timberland boots adidas superstar prada outlet lacoste shoes jordan 5 kate spade outlet oakley sunglasses chloe handbags salvatore ferragamo barbour jackets mizuno converse shoes converse uk longchamp outlet chrome hearts jewelry jordan burberry adidas running shoes air max 90 longchamp pas cher louboutin pas cher manolo blahnik converse chuck taylor michael kors handbags asics gel cheap jordans nike shoes nike mercurial asics reebok outlet bcbg outlet hogan michael kors outlet bcbg max christian louboutin outlet salomon outlet sac vanessa bruno belgium world cup jerseys tommy hilfiger pas cher polo ralph lauren nike air force vans scarpe new balance air max 95 new balance outlet nike air max instyler cheap jerseys nike factory outlet longchamp handbags supra shoes jordan true religion outlet true religion nike roshe run cheap wedding dresses kate spade softball bats burberry outlet jordan france world cup jersey nike air max guess canada true religion outlet true religion outlet mac cosmetics dansko shoes miu miu shoes nike air max mulberry mercurial superfly nike kenzo clothing hermes birkin bags nike uk roty burch outlet pandora jewelry hermes bags kevin durant shoes cheap eyeglasses omega watches roshe run vans pas cher air max 90 coach purse giuseppe zanotti outlet adidas soccer cleats michael kors pandora charms thomas sabo charms tory burch montre pas cher polo lacoste pas cher nike roshe clarks shoes guess factory nike outlet michael kors uk burberry outlet air max 90 cheap nfl jerseys converse louboutin pas cher salvatore ferragamo kobe bryant shoes christian louboutin nike air max nike air max red bottoms occhiali oakley air jordan valentino shoes coach outlet store online cheap oakley sunglasses five finger shoes nike kyrie 2 louboutin outlet softball bats replica watches england world cup jersey balenciaga shoes nike store timberland boots hilfiger uk ralph lauren air max 97 nike air force burberry sale new balance shoes adidas zx flux roshe run replica watches yves saint laurent polo ralph lauren outlet dolce and gabbana nike air max adidas outlet jordan nike outlet online adidas originals spain world cup jersey nike air max 95 jimmy choo yeezy shoes oakley vault montre pas cher nike roshe run roshe run nike free run mizuno nike air max fitflops sale ralph lauren jordan pas cher boy london clothing mont blanc pens goyard handbags air max 2017 ray ban sunglasses kate spade outlet oakley sunglasses rolex watches fendi handbags oakley sunglasses outlet vans outlet jordan 11 wedding dresses michael kors uk swarovski pandora uk timberland boots dansko shoes michael kors outlet fitflops sale nike vapor max nike pas cher vans shoes mac makeup jordans coach outlet mac cosmetics jordan shoes michael kors outlet online nike air max iphone cases air max mont blanc pens replica watches air max 2017 ray ban sunglasses supra shoes celine handbags adidas outlet store mulberry handbags jordan 3 argentina world cup jersey stuart weitzman nike air max mac makeup swarovski jewelry ray ban lebron 11 nike air max plus nike free new balance pas cher beats headphones jordan 6 reebok shoes scarpe hogan karen millen germany world cup jersey michael kors outlet nike free adidas shoes furla adidas superstar flip flops sac burberry timberland sale jordan 12 montre adidas outlet store nike blazer skechers shoes nike tn nike free ralph lauren outlet ferragamo shoes jordan 1 nike huarache hogan shoes jordans polo ralph lauren converse all stars basketball shoes soccer shoes kobe 9 soccer jerseys christian louboutin ray ban sunglasses brazil world cup jersey longchamp outlet lunette oakley new balance nike blazer new balance adidas outlet store louboutin shoes sac longchamp nike shoes adidas slides tory burch herve leger dresses iphone 7 cases beats headphones links of london portugal world cup jersey sac michael kors polo ralph lauren marc jacobs handbags longchamp outlet fitflop uk oakley sunglasses lebron 12 iphone x case jordan xx9 tod's shoes reebok shoes ray ban occhiali longchamp pas cher sac michael kors nike air max michael kors bottega michael kors canada jordan 4 nike blazer asics trainers gioielli swarovski air max 90 cheap jerseys ray ban sunglasses dolce and gabbana stuart weitzman beats by dre jordans oakley sunglasses oakley uk asics gel lyte ray ban sunglasses nike free hermes outlet sac guess prada handbags jordan air max 90 swarovski crystal jewelry christian louboutin lebron shoes adidas trainers air force 1 marc jacobs converse all star nike air max ray ban sunglasses fendi handbags orologi rolex wedding dresses prada adidas clothing para jumpers outlet pandora bracciali ralph lauren outlet ray ban sunglasses replica rolex watches air max 2018 wedding dresses cartier bracelet nike air max polo ralph lauren pandora bijoux cheap jordan shoes air jordan

201804.20yangpeng