• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 incubus

incubus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:33 PM

Well the F1 governing body had done it again.. :angry: By that i mean took another step to try and kill off the sport.. :bhead: I love all things racing as long as it has wheels and an engine..but these after decisions have killed it for me at least..! Imagine changing the result of a footy match hours after the final whistle.... :wacko:

I'm sticking to Moto GP and a bit of BTC this year which is being aired on ITV... :D

I was looking forward to it too... :( its now just a Bernie Ecclescake and branston pickle get rich scheme sandwich.

#2 Rob.S

Rob.S

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  • Interests:Severn Valley Railway. Steam Locomotives. Photography. Rallying

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:30 PM

The race result is still not finalised either - I've read that the rear wing design of the Brawns' are still under protest, and will be decided by the FIA court of appeal on April 14th. So there is a chance that they may be excluded, making Trulli the race winner. So he will have "finished" 3rd, 12th, 3rd & (potentially) 1st, in the same race.
'02 2.0Hdi.... in Cool Mint

Volunteer worker... Severn Valley Railway.

"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence.
"Torque" is how far you take the fence with you.

View my Flickr photos here

How to drive in snow - no studs !!!

#3 SPUD

SPUD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts
  • Interests:My interests are becoming more refined as I mature....but I still can't spell......... just to keep you happy ! x

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:26 AM

i'm with inccy on this one !... getting as bad as the footy... :angry:

Kinky is using a feather.......... Perverted is using the whole chicken.

#4 paul gee

paul gee

1.8 Petrol Xsara Picasso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:cars<br /><br />the countryside

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:18 PM

i'm with inccy on this one !... getting as bad as the footy... :angry:

#5 paul gee

paul gee

1.8 Petrol Xsara Picasso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:28 PM

i agree, this seasons changes to the sport were supposed to make things more exciting, encourage closer racing and make overtaking easier but the whole thing seems to be suffocated by politcs and monetary gain!

#6 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,541 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

I love F1 and I though wow a season that will be good.However no sooner have the new rules been printed than three teams find a way to make their cars more equal than the others. BUT because one of the left behind teams is Ferrari (leaders of the bad sports brigade) we have this my cars not a good as yours so I'll complain about yours.

Oh yes Toyata are also running the defussor so if the Brawns get the chop so will the toyotas and the williams so its anyones guess who will have won the first race. maybe they will just walk down the pits and stick it on the first car they come too. Total Prats. i didn't bother with a F1 fantasy team this year either.
17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#7 iamian

iamian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:35 PM

The race result is still not finalised either - I've read that the rear wing design of the Brawns' are still under protest, and will be decided by the FIA court of appeal on April 14th. So there is a chance that they may be excluded, making Trulli the race winner. So he will have "finished" 3rd, 12th, 3rd & (potentially) 1st, in the same race.

Wouldn't it be nice that at the end of the 2 hours we could switch off, (or walk-away) knowing who'd won?
Total mess. (again)
I'd rather be boating

#8 incubus

incubus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:28 PM

Dont forget tomorrow 11.45 am ITV4.... ;) Come on Plato.... B) Chevvy Lacetti.. :wacko:

Its on all day..Dunno how i'm gonna swing it with the ol girl though.... <_<

Any suggestions...?

http://www.btcc.net/html/home.php

#9 paul gee

paul gee

1.8 Petrol Xsara Picasso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:13 PM

its happened again with formula 1! you settle down to watch a two hour race only for it to be cut short by a sharp downpour and failing light! maybe they should start the race earlier and let the tv companies sort out their own coverage problems!

#10 stimulator

stimulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,541 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:58 PM

Well waht a c-c? up that was. Who in their right mind starts a race when it's a daily occurance in that country at that time each day that it will RAIN.

If the program needs to be beamed acrossd the world then record it and send it out later, just like they did with the Austrailian repeat in the afternoon last week.

As it was, the unfolding good race was turned into a complete farce.
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#11 twbos

twbos

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Camping and F1

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:02 PM

Definatley agree that this years' F1 is becoming a farce already!! Wentn to Brands on Sunday to watch the BTCC, company has a corporate box there, what good racing. Proper bumber to bumper stuff and agressive overtaking without the stewards stepping in, and yes have set the rest of the season up on the Sky +..

#12 paul gee

paul gee

1.8 Petrol Xsara Picasso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

Definatley agree that this years' F1 is becoming a farce already!! Wentn to Brands on Sunday to watch the BTCC, company has a corporate box there, what good racing. Proper bumber to bumper stuff and agressive overtaking without the stewards stepping in, and yes have set the rest of the season up on the Sky +..

this is beginning to make sense! perhaps i will think again about supporting formula 1 and change to btcc. after all this is why i started to watch f1. all i want to see is a bit of foot to the boards overtaking!

#13 Grandad

Grandad

2.0 HDI SX, in Silver to match her hair.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Interests:Travel, building web sites, photography, inventing.

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

I get realy niggled when the BBC blurt out the race result in the early morning news if the race has been run during our nightime and I am looking forward to seeing the recording.

It's like watching a 'who done it' play and some idiot tells you who it was just as it starts. <_<

#14 Teacherpete2

Teacherpete2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

Plato's perfect powerslide - video from BTCC :o
Growing old is compulsory; growing up isn't!
If you're not part of the solution...
...you're part of the precipitate!

#15 twbos

twbos

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Camping and F1

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

Plato's perfect powerslide - video from BTCC :o

I was there and still don't know who he managed to keep it on the island and get second in the race, Now first after the Stewards deemed that the manouvre was a bit too aggressive!!

Edited by twbos, 08 April 2009 - 12:25 PM.

#16 paul gee

paul gee

1.8 Petrol Xsara Picasso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

wish i had been there as well! saw the action on tv and thought the way jason handled the car was awesome!

#17 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:43 PM

I used to be an avid fan of F1, recording or watching each televised race, but gone right off it now, its no more than a procession round the track, it was much better when they had to stop for refuelling, many more pit stops and there were no apparent team orders, the cars are too reliable and it makes the race boring

• discv likes this

#18 Lancelot

Lancelot

Lancelot the Beak now with a Kia Venga petrol Auto Type 3.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts
  • Interests:Computing. Grand Prix Motor Racing, Holidays in Western Australia each year, for 3 months.
    Red wine and Whisky, more Red Wine & Whisky.

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:48 PM

Must admit I now regret getting up at 5-30am to watch the F1.  Going to the toilette is more exciting!

The retired Beak with a 2ltr Petrol, Exclusive, Automatic, Picasso.
Arctic Steel - of course!

#19 stimulator

stimulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,541 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:30 AM

I sometimes get the impression that s controller sits in a room with a big console. He is blindfolded but has his hand in a glove which is part of a control knob. Every so often he moves his hand and that sends a signal to a randomly picked car so something happens to it. To many what appear choreographed incidences take place. Why did Ferrari send their cars out on wet tyres on a dry circuit in qualifying. The whole thing has become boring. Bring back refuelling for one thing and give the minnows a chance. The start order of the next race should be the finish order of yesterday's race but in reverse. That will show the driver's skill. Riccardo managed to finish 4 from 19 do it's possible. Baa humbug.