Bumpers Front And Rear 51 Plate Picasso

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rob lee_*

Guest_rob lee_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:21 AM

Hi guys

Can anyone help me with this question? I have a 51 plate picasso, i would like to make it look a little newer. I already have the newer style wheel trims, rear clusters and headlights, my next purchase will be the newer style front and rear bumpers with chrome. Could anyone tell me if this is a straightforward swap, as I am hoping just to take off old bumper and bolt new ones straight on.

Im a new member to this club but seem to be having difficulty receiving the validation e mail.

thankyou, rob.

#2 Marvin

Marvin

Skoda Yeti SE Greenline II, 1.6TDi, Steel Grey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:52 AM

The rear bumper is a different shape.... at least, they had to design a new towbar when the facelifted models came out as the old one wouldn't fit the bumpers. Don't know about the front.. but you'll need to check that the airflow through the grille takes a suitable route for you radiators... I think the redesigned front bumper had something to do with the fitting of an intercooler for the 1.6HDi engine, so that could be a fair bit different, too..

"Life? Don't talk to me about life....."

#3 JoeBlunt

JoeBlunt

✩1.6 Hdi Desire 2 16v ✩

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts
  • Interests:Digital Photography (Wish I had more time to learn all the tricks), Home Computing, Family stuff really i.e. eating out, holidays abroad, etc.........

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:16 AM

[quote name='rob lee' date='May 17 2008, 09:21 AM' post='149506']Im a new member to this club but seem to be having difficulty receiving the validation e mail.thankyou, rob.[/quote]I have validated your account - Joe B)
2010 (10) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Grey 5dr
2011 (61) Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi Black 5dr
joeblunt@hotmail.com

#4 Del

Del

1.8 SX 2001

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:31 PM

Nice idea making it look newer than it is - might be wise to invest on some private plates too.....it might look a bit suspicious to the bizzies. ;)