20 replies to this topic

#1 Chris R

Chris R

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:05 PM

I am getting water coming into the front passenger footwell where the bonnet release is.
Its a 2.0ltr HDi 2000.
The front windscreen was replaced 2 weeks ago, have only just purchaced it so don't know if the leak was there before the replacement.
It apears not to leak when stationary.

Could it be the Quarterlight.

Have poured water in around the well by the wiper arm all seems to run out ok by the wheel arch.

Any help would be apreciated.
Chris

#2 Chris R

Chris R

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:11 PM

Me again, are there any drain holes, just under the bottom of the windscreen at each side that need to be un blocked.

Chris

#3 motorman116

motorman116

Ford Mondeo Tdci 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:47 PM

No I dont beleive so, I think that they normally only have drain pipes when you have a sun roof fitted, but not 100% sure on that
2007 (57) 2.4 tdci Ford Transit long wheel base, high top van, 6 seater crew cab, Rear wheel drive

#4 Chris R

Chris R

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:16 PM

No have checked and can't find any drain holes.
Would the heater matrix leak as far to the left as the hood opener by the passenger 's left leg?

Chris

#5 motorman116

motorman116

Ford Mondeo Tdci 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:33 AM

Are you loosing and engine coolent, if not then its not that.
I have heard about air con drain pipes coming off, and they leak on that side, but dont know if it would leak that far over

Edited by motorman116, 30 March 2008 - 07:34 AM.

2007 (57) 2.4 tdci Ford Transit long wheel base, high top van, 6 seater crew cab, Rear wheel drive

#6 Brush Type 4

Brush Type 4

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:55 AM

Hi, I was just wondering if the original thread starter had solved his problem?

I have a leak in exactly the same place (about 3 inches below the end of the bonnet release lever). Water is forcing it's way through the carpet in droplets, and collecting below. It looks quite bizzare, as if there is a tube behind the carpet, dribbling water through a tiny hole in the carpet.

I can categorically say it is rain water, as this happed last night during heavy rain. I placed a towel in the area and removed it this morning. The towel was absolutely sodden!

I have just got this car, it is a 2001 X plate, SX model and know nothing about citreons.

Everywhere above the bonnet release lever and around under the glove compartment is dry including carpet.

Any ideas? Is there a drain tube or something in this area which might have become disconnected? Any ideas would be most welcome.

Regards

#7 rdfb2

rdfb2

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:everything + nothing

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:06 PM

My 2001 model was suffering with wet carpet on passenger side a while back, but stopped before I got round to investigate,will have to double check, is this common and is there a cure, is it only on early models. ?
2001 SX 1.6 PETROL.

#8 Chris R

Chris R

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:07 PM

Hi there, no I don't think I have solved the problem, but I have stopped it getting into the car. I have removed the bolt that holds the bonnet release lever smothered it in vaseline and replaced it.
The conclusion we have come to is that at sometime the car has had a prang, and when the wing has been put back on they have done a botch repair and not put the correct sealant between the wing and pillar.hence allowing the water to run down between the wing and pillar and get in through the holes on the outside of the pillar.The only hole on the inside of the pillar is the one that takes the bolt for the bonnet release.
Chris

#9 Badshot1uk

Badshot1uk

2.0Hdi SX 2001 Storm Grey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:I like motors in general, but to drive not to fettle with, as I couldn't change a spark plug, well I could but I cant be fussed, cars and bikes for that matter are better moving than standing still and I have no problem taking them huge distances as I enjoy driving on the continent, not so much the m25 though.<br /><br />Thanks

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

This is quite a coensidence as my 2001 Y reg has started to do the same thing in exactly the same way and its never had a prang. Only seems to happen when its been raining, but also only if we've had a bit of wind too!

Anyone else noticed this its driving me mad?

Edited by JoeBlunt, 28 February 2010 - 11:37 AM.
Quote Removed - No Need to Quote the Previous Post if you are replying immediately afterwards

01 Storm grey 2.0HDI SX with Remap and Ipod dock

#10 JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:09 AM

just put my car into the garage and mechanic has told me the pillar is full of water and it is forcing its way out of the bonnet release levers' fixing hole.only comes out if going up hill.cant find how its getting filled with water and may have to take dashboard out! which i'm sure will be pricey.wife disabled though so need car to get around! oh the joys of motoring!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:33 PM

This is quite a coensidence as my 2001 Y reg has started to do the same thing in exactly the same way and its never had a prang. Only seems to happen when its been raining, but also only if we've had a bit of wind too!

Anyone else noticed this its driving me mad?

hi
my 2001 y reg has same prob
took to garage and they say its a manufacture fault!!!!
nothing he could do...still landed me with a 200 bill
seems to be a common prob

#12 caso

caso

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:55 PM

Hi
I've just been cleaning the wife's 2001 Y plate Picasso and found water dripping into the passenger side footwell. The source seems to be by the bonnet release. :(
Did anyone find out the cause of these leaks ?

Caso B)

#13 jimux

jimux

C4 1.6 Hdi SX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:22 AM

If the door pillar is filling up then the entry point could be any seam above bonnet height and could be very small - even the roof bar anchor point. A heavy body waxing to fill all seams could be the answer - and could explain why older vehicles start to suffer with no obvious cause as wax dries out.
Look particularly at the plastic strip that covers the roof seams. If it is loose take it off and seal the seam. If it is tight then just work wax under it.

Edited by jimux, 28 February 2010 - 11:33 AM.

#14 Neil Champion

Neil Champion

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:32 AM

Hi, I have a Picasso 2009 which has had the same problem since new. It leaks when I drive off after it has rained heavily and the car is parked. The water seems to collect under the glove compartment then comes out when cornering. Have been back to the dealer four times but they have not managed to find the source of the leak. Any ideas would be most helpful, as its going back to the garage this week.

Thanks
Neil

#15 dejan.d

dejan.d

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hi, I have a Picasso 2009 which has had the same problem since new. It leaks when I drive off after it has rained heavily and the car is parked. The water seems to collect under the glove compartment then comes out when cornering. Have been back to the dealer four times but they have not managed to find the source of the leak. Any ideas would be most helpful, as its going back to the garage this week.

Thanks
Neil

Hi,i have same problem with same car, have you solve this problem?

#16 rawthey

rawthey

1.8 HDI SX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Perhaps the cause might be the same as in the "Help! Massive Water Build-up In Door Pillar! " topic in this forum? A blockage in the drainage space at the bottom of the rear of the wheel arch liners.

Mike
Xsara Picasso (58) 1.6i 16V Desire, Iron Grey

#17 TUBBY BINNS

TUBBY BINNS

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

In relation to the massive build up of water, I don't appear to have solved this yet... I need some time to try to get the liner out from between the two body panels after an accident repair workshop sandwiched it in there... God knows how I'm going to manage that...

I managed to get a bit of it away and I blasted out a lot of crud from the space - but I'm still not convinced the two are linked... Either that or there's a hole still blocked somewhere...

I'm tempted to drill a hole at the bottom of the door pillar...

#18 Charliee

Charliee

2.0 Hdi Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

I'm tempted to drill a hole at the bottom of the door pillar...

Well, why not? Once it has dried out a good blast of some form of wax sealer up the hole may just seal wherever it's getting in..... if not you may see it runing out from wherever the water is entering. Wouldn't hurt to rustproof in there anyway, knowing it gets damp?

#19 dejan.d

dejan.d

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hi, have anybody drill a hole. I try one hole at the bottom and no watter came out.

#20 Howlis

Howlis

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Hi all, I have the same problem, water in the passenger footwell, I think the answer might be more simple, it could be a blocked air-con drain hose, check this out.