25 replies to this topic

#21 Anisboy

Anisboy

1.8 HDI SX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:08 PM

You know what, you lot could have saved yourselves so much hassle and just looked it up onthe DVLA webby, its all there for the world to see.

It actually costs

#22 Sir Bottletree

Sir Bottletree

1.8 HDI SX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests: Eating junk(preferably chips), watchin telly, looking at my car and teasing the wife and kid. Yes i am fat. No i'm not idle. I can be an idiot at times.

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

No it does not. We all pointed out many queries which were not covered in that article you showed. So there. :P

#23 Citreon owner

Citreon owner

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:20 PM

[quote name='noodle' post='136343' date='Sep 6 2007, 07:30 AM']I had 3 points in Novemeer 2001 and rang dvla about when they can come off, was told the same as the others but the thing is it wasn't free I think it was about

#24 Guest_Pieeater_*

Guest_Pieeater_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:28 AM

My SP30 has affected my insurance quote by quite a few quid.

#25 Guest_gaz237_*

Guest_gaz237_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:20 AM

My SP30 has affected my insurance quote by quite a few quid.

Its all dependant on which insurance company your are with. There is a high percentage of drivers with points on there licence now compared to a few years ago and as has been said above speeding cameras/tickets are just a revenue for the government.
Many drivers who have been driving for 20-30 + years without commiting any driving offences, now find themselves on 3-6 points and more. They have not suddenly become bad drivers.
Police forces across the country have been forced to admit recently, that officers have to hand out a certain number of tickets each month, with targets to meet to get credits. Which is why we find them hiding on deserted roads with easy targets, safety has nothing to do with it.

Statistics have proven that speed cameras have done nothing to cut accident/death rates ( infact they have increased). All the money raised from speed cameras goes straight into the government pocket. Nothing to the roads or counties they are in. Infact the county has to maintain the cameras out of there budget, which is why many have turned them off.

We keep being told that SPEED is the problem/cause of the majority of accidents, This is total nonsense, as drivers not paying attention , I,E following to close, on the phone, pulling out in front of people, not checking when changing lanes ect ect ect.

Speed itself is only a contributing factor in a low percentage of accidents.

#26 FrankSinatra

FrankSinatra

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

It suprises me how they are simply written on by hand - presumably if you "Lost" the paper licence, they would still know that you had accrued points?