• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kfk

kfk

Technical Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Chat and generally messing about on here......oh yes, i know a thing or two about citroens!

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:56 PM

Readers Shouldnt be unduly concerned by this list, If you have a question about Recalls being required on your vehicle you should contact your local Citroen Dealer with your Chassis Number.

Your Chassis Number will be found on your registration document or stamped under the bonnet.

YCE: 8/06/2007

On the vehicles concerned, the securing of one end of an engine compartment harness may
not be in conformity.
The operation consists of modifying the securing of the harness in order to avoid it becoming
damaged.

YCQ: 27/04/2007

The vehicles concerned have an, erratic engine management malfunction which can lead to
an abnormal increase in engine speed when changing gear.

YCV: 25/04/2007

Within a range of vehicles concerned a small number of power steering electro-pumps that
do not conform to specification may have been fitted. It is necessary to check the power
steering electro-pump serial number and replace the unit if necessary
  • Mathewsat likes this
Wants some help, give me a clue.......petrol/diesel/engine size/year....Please post messages in main forum before asking me in Private Message

....Still waiting for proof that the customer is always right
....Has anyone checked the nut holding the steering wheel?

....Has anyone seen the crystal ball?

#2 roders

roders

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Cornwall,Classic Bikes,Cars, Golf, Photography,

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:37 AM

Hi just phoned local citroen dealership this morning,service light came on when i was overtaking at --- mph so taking it in for them to check it out. While on the phone asked if they knew about recalls he said no,are they the last to find out, the thing is mine has surged a few times when Parking just wondering if it is the engine management thingy. Cheers Pete.

#3 kfk

kfk

Technical Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Chat and generally messing about on here......oh yes, i know a thing or two about citroens!

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:19 PM

There, not the last to know......they send the letters out to there customers.
Wants some help, give me a clue.......petrol/diesel/engine size/year....Please post messages in main forum before asking me in Private Message

#4 Abacus

Abacus

C4 1.8 SX 2007 (petrol)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

Would any Citroen main dealer be able to tell me if any recall work has been carried out on my 07 Pic?
I got the car a couple of days ago from a non franchised dealer - minus manual, service records etc.
My computer might beat me at chess but it will lose everytime at kick boxing.

Dave Liverpool 2007 C4 Picasso 1.8i SX

#5 Laurence

Laurence

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:00 PM

Hmmmm... isn't this a bit out of date?

On the last service (C4 Grand Pic) they did at least two recalls, from memory they were both software, one was something to do with the EGS box and the other was to correct the (woefully) inaccurate fuel consumption display on the computer. There may be many others since then!!

Also, I can assure you that Citroen does not send out any form of notifications about recalls to customers at all. Lots of marketing rubbish, but nothing else. To be fair, I'd hope that they would contact customers if there was anything critical relating to safety (hope, but not expect).

Finally, to answer the question in another post. Yes, the dealers are all notified of all recalls and all service history for a vehicle (including recalls) is supposed to be recorded on a centralised database. Of course, Citroen and/or your local dealers may Spam up on any of the above. And of course, Citroen UK told me the above, so it may or may not be true:(

Edit: I didn't write "Spam up" (and didn't write anything rude either!), this BBS edited my post. Still, now it's there, I quite like "Spam up", it sums up Citroen quite nicely!

Edited by Laurence, 11 August 2009 - 08:04 PM.

#6 kfk

kfk

Technical Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:22 PM

Citroen UK do send out details to owners where a 'critical recall' requires you to bring the vehicle in, other recalls that are service related and have no impact on safety are notified to dealers and attended to when vehicles pass through workshops......or they do at our place!

So, in the event you get sent a recall letter, dont ring your dealer and ask if its important!

Note:
in the past it was the responsibility of the selling dealer to notify customers.....Citroen UK now manage all recalls....providing they know where you live.

Edited by kfk, 11 August 2009 - 08:24 PM.