7 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew C

Matthew C

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:13 AM

I have sporadically had the airbag light coming on and off, but it stayed off for a long time. Now it's back on permanently. How do I get this to go off? Can I do it myself? If not, is it going to be an expensive diagnostic check, probably resulting in not beng able to find the problem anyway?

#2 Proinnsias

Proinnsias

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:32 PM

I have sporadically had the airbag light coming on and off, but it stayed off for a long time. Now it's back on permanently. How do I get this to go off? Can I do it myself? If not, is it going to be an expensive diagnostic check, probably resulting in not beng able to find the problem anyway?

I seem to recall that this is typically a problem with the connector under the passanger seat on the Picassos ... certainly was the case with the xsara I had and a previous xantia ..

You probably can do it yourself - using the disconnect battery, go for a cuppa, return, unplug and replug wiring under seat, reinstate battery etc ... pray (as necessary) ...

If the connector itself is the problem, it may be no harm to replace it ... but I'm sure others have more experience (I had any of mine done under warranty !)

P

#3 cableman

cableman

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

TRY DISCONNECTING BATT FOR 1 MIN THEN RECONNECT WORKED 4 ME

#4 RHP

RHP

Former Picasso 1.8SX Owner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4154 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:02 PM

TRY DISCONNECTING BATT FOR 1 MIN THEN RECONNECT WORKED 4 ME

WARNING - The "disconnect battery for 1 minute" should mean literally that - disconnect, wait then reconnect. This has been known to solve any number of problems!

DO NOT start to play around with airbag connectors and the pyrotechnics involved for at least 30 MINUTES after disconnecting battery to allow all the electronics to completely discharge.

----------- Please help keep Vulcan XH558 flying ----------
------------------ www.vulcantothesky.org ----------------

#5 Dan Gleebitz

Dan Gleebitz

2.0 HDi SX in Sahara Gold

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10202 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:46 PM

Don't overload your underseat drawer with CDs. They can fall over the back and catch between the drawer and the airbag connector under the seat causing the light to come on... so carefull with the drawer

#6 maisonstorm11

maisonstorm11

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

hi its my first picasso had it 3 days and 1st the wheel bareing went then the clutch i had the new clutch fitted and since the fitting the garage has now informed me the airbag light is on, please please any ideas or information on this prolem would be a great help

#7 tommydfb

tommydfb

16 LX Newbie

• Trainee Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

I have a 1.6 picasso , the air bag warning light came on , i got a garage to do a diganositic and it showed a fault in circuit 1 , does anyone know how to fix ao were is circuit 1 , cant find anything on the net

#8 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7669 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

Airbag warning I'd go to a garage that knows what they are doing, last thing you want is to eb messing about checking plus/sockets and the bag go off OR conversely have an accident and the bag NOT go off.
62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS