• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 granpa

granpa

started with this beauty in '02 now got white c4 pic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

My renewal came through, a shade over £300, straight on to comparison sites, Privilege coming up on all at much less with same cover, my present insurer dropped the premium by £40, but still too high, got back to Privilege site through 'Topcashback' this knocked another £50 off the premium, so I will end up paying in the region of £200 which includes courtesy car, NCD protection, legal etc and £150 vol excess. Did the same for breakdown cover [green insurance company] National cover, recovery, homestart with a 12% discount, I'm happy

#42 granpa

granpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts
  • Interests:winding down and cruising to avoid my grown up kids who have diy jobs for me

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

Quite a while back my son had his Xpic written off, at the time he was with Hastings insurance, almost immediately he was jumped on by a claims company urging him to put in a claim for back injury etc, even though they were persistent he repeatedly refused them, now he has had a second car written off, this time his fault, there were no personal injuries by either party, but now he has been informed by his insurers that the third parties insurance company are suddenly claiming 'soft tissue & whiplash' injuries in the region of £4000, guess what, the other persons insurers are Hastings !!!!

#43 stimulator

stimulator

1.6 Cherry Red Metallic, wonder car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,615 posts
  • Interests:Model trains OO gauge. C3 Picasso, Grandchildren

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

These bogus ambulance chaser claims were featured on Rip of Britain and there has been this last week a series on BBC1 about false claims from set up car crashes. The insurance companies are stomping down on this big time. To be fair to Hastings (not and never have been with them) I don't think it's actually them but a third party company that instigate this crap.

One of the items on the TV prog was a claim where a bloke crashed into a car in front. He says there were only two in the car at the time but the eventual claim was for three persons injuries. However what the hit car didn't know was that the bloke who supposedly hit them had a small live camera recording all the event. It turned out to be a set up starting on a Mway entry roundabout and slip road. Two cars working together get in front of the victims car and then at the bottom of the slip road the middle car brake heavily, which causes the accident. The perps were convicted

17 Reg C3 Saloon Flair 1.2 110BHP
Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#44 granpa

granpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Saw that on TV, excellent series, also noticed which nationality was profusely featured, say no more

#45 stimulator

stimulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,615 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

Yep and when I had the balls to say that on another web site forum I got blacklisted for 7 days,

Previous Xsara Picasso 20HDi, C3 SX 1.4HDi, C3 SX 1.6HDI, C4 Picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ EGS 62 Reg C3 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 HDi 92BHP

#46 granpa

granpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Truth hurts

#47 granpa

granpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:36 AM

Dick Turpin is due to be dropping that Insurance renewal through the door again soon, already got the price off the company for the renewal so I can scour the comparison sites, they all sound quite competitive, until that is the bits and pieces are added; ncb protection, legal cover etc, I may well be phoning Privilege to shave a few quid off the price, last year was £245, renewal is going to be £281, same c4 picasso, a year older, worth less, probably be written off if a bulb blows. Robbing sods 

ps, Martin Lewis recons premiums are due to rocket in november

Edited by granpa, 02 September 2015 - 11:38 AM.

#48 stimulator

stimulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,615 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:37 AM

My policy last year was with Swinton but in reality AVIVA. This year it had risen a whopping £75 to £294 not including vehicle recovery or driving abroad.

I went on uSwitch and found ONE CALL would do it for £225 including legal, courtesy car, breakdown/recovery, windscreen & driving abroad.

So I went to SWINTON office and they instantly cut it down to 227, but could add recovery or driving aboard in the deal and that would have driven the premium back up to £299.

Even the AA were cheaper than SWINTON.

So I'll be going with ONE CALL.

#49 granpa

granpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:13 AM

Got a Swinton quote, even with the £50 cashback, their figure of £440 was ridiculous, My lad, who has managed to write off 2 cars in about 3 years has managed a renewal of less than £400, and he is in a bad post code area as well. Tried uswitch and one call, both OTT, still shopping

#50 stimulator

stimulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,615 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:20 AM

This year I reached 70 and that is I think what the bug bear is not the car etc. Discrimination or what.

#51 granpa

granpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:36 AM

Gets worse with travel insurance, at least thats not compulsory

#52 gittos

gittos

1.2 Puretech EAT6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:51 AM

Granpa

Have a look at Chris Knott Insurance they do offers and deals for members on the C4 Owners forum, Haven't tried them myself.....yet

http://c4owners.org/...topic.php?33174

• Was - 2002 1.6 Petrol Picasso SX     Then -2009 C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 VTI Petrol   Then- 2015 C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue HDi EAT6 Exclusive   Now..2018 C4 Picasso 1.2 PureTech Feel EAT6

#53 peterdb

peterdb

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:42 PM

Try Churchill, £184 for C4 Pic, me at 65, all the usual goodies, courtesy car etc.

#54 stimulator

stimulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,615 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:24 AM

It was that time of year again last week for me. Was with Swinton Aviva last year but this year they wanted £295. Problem is that I only have 3 years no claims, NOT due to accident or claim BUT because they changed the rules on NCB retention. Use it or lose it these days. We only have one car and the last one before this one was SWMBO and insured in her name.

Anyway I did a trawl and all those that advertise on TV for older drivers were even higher premiums, it's all hype. Went with one call at £225 for everything (fully comp, two drivers over 70, windscreen, abroad 28 days cover, courtesy car, legal) through U-switch. Took out rescue with them for £39/year. No doubt they will be more expensive next year and I will go elsewhere.

#55 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:29 AM

I went with the Civil Service Insurance Service this year.

Wasn't the cheapest at first (£330) ,but everything is included, with free monthly payments:

Interest free monthly direct debit scheme (0% apr),
No loss of NCD if you are hit by an uninsured driver.
24 hour UK Roadside Assistance and Recovery,
Guaranteed courtesy car
European cover - 60 days per trip,
Uninsured loss recovery and legal expenses cover - £100,000
Windscreen cover,
No administration charges."

We offer our specially negotiated schemes to all serving, former and retired, civil and public servants and their partners. This would include Local Government, Armed Forces, Police, Teachers and NHS employees for example. We also cover serving, former and retired employees, and their partners, of privatised bodies that were once public sector including BT, Royal Mail, Electricity Board, Gas Board, British Rail, and the Coal Board for example. All members of Benenden, CSHealthcare, and The Charity for Civil Servants are also eligible.

Edited by gray, 14 September 2015 - 08:30 AM.

#56 stimulator

stimulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,615 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:50 AM

That's interesting, will bare that in mind for next year, when I tried to use them before I was told only civil servants NOT armed forces serving or retired.

#57 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:59 AM

"That's interesting, will bare that in mind for next year, when I tried to use them before I was told only civil servants NOT armed forces serving or retired"

That's what I was thinking, reading some of the posts on here, there seems to be a few Veterans/Govt Workers, current & Ex. It's Zurich Insurance they use.

Edited by gray, 15 September 2015 - 08:01 AM.

#58 Lancelot

Lancelot

Lancelot the Beak now with a Kia Venga petrol Auto Type 3.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • Interests:Computing. Grand Prix Motor Racing, Holidays in Western Australia each year, for 3 months.
    Red wine and Whisky, more Red Wine & Whisky.

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:52 AM

I think that I read that they will accept anyone these day, not just ex civil serpents.

I think that I read that they will accept anyone these day, not just ex civil serpents.  That's the CSMA

I think this is the one that you mean.

logo.gif

Edited by Lancelot, 15 September 2015 - 10:54 AM.

• gray likes this
The retired Beak with a 2ltr Petrol, Exclusive, Automatic, Picasso.
Arctic Steel - of course!

#59 gray

gray

1.8 HDI Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:30 AM

;

I think that I read that they will accept anyone these day, not just ex civil serpents.  That's the CSMA

I think this is the one that you mean.

logo.gif

;

That's the one Lancelot :)

#60 granpa

granpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:22 PM

Gone back to privigige got a bit of discount over the phone but nothing to go yahoo about, think about a set of 007 rotating plates and stuff insurance