#1 mumof2monsters

mumof2monsters

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:12 AM

Hi
New to this site but have problem with picasso.
I was driving yesterday when the message "Abs malfunction not working" came up on the dashboard. When I applied the breaks they still worked, however once i had stopped the car and started it again the light went out the message disappeared but on applying the breaks they grinded and felt like they did not work.

Basically when the malfunction display and light is on the dashboard the breaks were ok but when it went out the breaks were not functioning properly. any ideas?

#2 spizzlot_3

spizzlot_3

C4 1.6Hdi 2009 (110) VTR+ EGR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:My family - My wife Babs & my daughter Rhianna.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:15 AM

I would sugest going and getting your brakes checked and also the ABS sensor might have a dirty contact or a bit of dirt may have stopped the sensor from reading of the hub.

Either way take it a get them checked ASAP it cost a lot less to just change your brake pads than both pads and disks !!
hope this helps

P.S what milage have you done ?
Now in a C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi 110 BHP VTR+ with EGS
sat-nav & paddle shift (mine)
In car dvd & remote & headphones (daughters)
CD-MP3 / RADIO is SWMBO's !!!

#3 kfk

kfk

Technical Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Chat and generally messing about on here......oh yes, i know a thing or two about citroens!

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:34 AM

The grinding you are talking about maybe caused by the sensor ring on the end of the driveshaft having become detached/broken. So if nothing is found with the brake pads get that checked also.
Wants some help, give me a clue.......petrol/diesel/engine size/year....Please post messages in main forum before asking me in Private Message

....Still waiting for proof that the customer is always right
....Has anyone checked the nut holding the steering wheel?

....Has anyone seen the crystal ball?

#4 peterd

peterd

16 LX Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 04:46 PM

The grinding you are talking about maybe caused by the sensor ring on the end of the driveshaft having become detached/broken. So if nothing is found with the brake pads get that checked also.

Hi I have got exactly the same problem. Did you get it fixed and if so what was the problem and how much to fix?

#5 sparrow

sparrow

16 LX Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:19 PM

I had a similar problem, to replace just the sensor was quoted about £100 parts and labour, but the drive shaft also needed replacing which was about £120 parts and £50 labour - hope yours isn't as dear............. Just plugging it in to the diagnostic machine cost £55 too. This was at the dealer, don't know if local garage would be cheaper, but they may not be willing to deal with ABS.

Edited by sparrow, 29 October 2006 - 08:24 PM.